Extended Battery Problem?

AlexR666

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Sedio 3500 mAh extended battery. It was not as good as i expected and can barely make it through the day. Last week i installed battery monitior and various other similar apps. I am now running Incredibly ReEnginered and I have also used ReEngineered Z and Skyraiders 3.5. My system is reading that i have 10% left but i still have 3.687 Volts. Is that correct? I use battery monitior in my notification bar and it says based on voltage i should have 48% left. Is there anything i can do to sync this up or is this normal?
Thanks in advance :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Check your app usage - if you're not getting a full day on the 3500 you either have a runaway app or you must be streaming data constently.

I have a 3500 and have no problem going a full day unless I'm using the phone excessively, like 5 hrs of GPS Nav or 7/8 hrs of surfing/games.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Something is eating it up. I have had in the past where some apps are forced closed but keep trying to start chewing up my battery.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I would say there's some process eating your battery. I have the HTC 1800 battery and can get 18 hours out of it.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Check your app usage - if you're not getting a full day on the 3500 you either have a runaway app or you must be streaming data constently.

I have a 3500 and have no problem going a full day unless I'm using the phone excessively, like 5 hrs of GPS Nav or 7/8 hrs of surfing/games.

^^^^^What he said!!

Have you reset your "Battery Stats" yet??
That might be goofed up/improperly calibrated or the Battery actually has a problem.

I have to club the crap out of my 3500Mah battery to even come close to killing it in one day!!

AlexR666

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replys guys. Here is what i did on it today. Bump charged it once while is was in the shower this morning. Read 100%.

snap20110405192357.png

snap20110405192638.png

snap20110405192610.png

snap20110405192602.png

snap20110405192552.png

snap20110405192543.png

UID 10075 - Partial Wakelock

snap20110405192525.png

UID 10004 - Contacts storage, People (says it twice?) com.android.providers.applications and .userdictionary

Anything look abnormal?

And with the battery stats reset, what do i do? Fully charge it, bump charge, and clear the stats file?
Thanks again.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replys guys. Here is what i did on it today. Bump charged it once while is was in the shower this morning. Read 100%.

UID 10004 - Contacts storage, People (says it twice?) com.android.providers.applications and .userdictionary

Anything look abnormal?

And with the battery stats reset, what do i do? Fully charge it, bump charge, and clear the stats file?
Thanks again.

According to your usage stats your phone has been running for almost 10 of the 12 3/4 hrs it's been on. That's not normal.

What is UID 10075? That looks like it's sucking juice.

How often are you synchronizing Facebook Contacts? Try turning that off in your accounts and sync.

How often are you syncing weather, calendar, mail… and anything else you might be syncing?

Are you streaming Pandora or something else?

Just trying to get a handle on what's vampiring (sp?) your battery like that.

AlexR666

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All it says when i click on UID 10075 is Partial Wakelock and then the time it has been in use.
EDIT: I'm thinking this could be the track ball wake that i use or the app called no lock which disables your lockscreen. Ill turn them both off for tomorrow and see if i notice any difference.
EDIT 2: Did some more research on "partial wake locks". Got a few ideas like turning off SMS Popup and switch off get time from service provider. Also gonna turn off GPS Location tomorrow and see how it goes.

Facebook was at every 2 hours, i put it to once a day.
I have like 900 friends on facebook so maybe that was a big thing, however i do not notice the sync icon that much.

News is on every 4 hours, which im gonna turn to manual.
Weather is everyone 1 hour but i do not see that using much data at all?

Last edited:

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I get almost 40hrs of usage out of mine phone with the 3500. Sometimes as a heavier usage day maybe 30hrs. WiFi and Bluetooth always on, mybackup pro nightly, no Facebook sync, exchange as items arrive, this can include Pandora while driving and GPS.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
All it says when i click on UID 10075 is Partial Wakelock and then the time it has been in use.
EDIT: I'm thinking this could be the track ball wake that i use or the app called no lock which disables your lockscreen. Ill turn them both off for tomorrow and see if i notice any difference.
EDIT 2: Did some more research on "partial wake locks". Got a few ideas like turning off SMS Popup and switch off get time from service provider. Also gonna turn off GPS Location tomorrow and see how it goes.

Facebook was at every 2 hours, i put it to once a day.
I have like 900 friends on facebook so maybe that was a big thing, however i do not notice the sync icon that much.

News is on every 4 hours, which im gonna turn to manual.
Weather is everyone 1 hour but i do not see that using much data at all?

It has not been mentioned yet... but are you running any task killers?

If so get rid of it as well.

Reactions: 1Adawg

AlexR666

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah task killers gone. With all that stuff done i lasted a whole day. Would of thought i could of done better though, with all these people reporting multiple days? is it time for a new rom or kernal or did i just get unlucky?

kadmiral

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid I cannot be of much help. I have the same problem with my battery. BUT I am interested in what app you used to get this great information and screenshots.
kadmiral

AlexR666

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I used Spare Parts to get the info on my battery. Came with my ROM. If you cant find it search around on the internet. And for the screen shots i used ShootMe. Find it on the market.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you had any luck Alex? I have the standard battery but I'm having the same problem with about 80% awake time, with minimal usage of the phone.