Rooting without connecting to computer

pcp135

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought a DINC off of craigslist. It was really cheap but the USB connection does not work, not for charging, not for connecting to computer. I have an external battery charger so I just swap battery whenever I run low.

I know that Z4Root can give you temp root straight from the phone. Is there a way to gain permanent root straight from the phone? I have been able to use dd to get all the partitions off the phone and on the sd card. I am wondering if I can flash a custom recovery after temp root, boot into recovery and then flash a new rom or something like that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, especially the ones that answer my question directly.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
In theory - If you Temp Root with Z4, then download and flash ClockworckMod 3.0.0.8 with ROM Manager, then Z4 root again; download UnrevokedForever and flash it with CWM. You would have S-off with Recovery and could then flash any Rooted ROM you like.

Now please be advised, this is only a theory. I have not done this. Nor do I take any responsibility if your phone gets borked. But in thinking it through it might work.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: pcp135

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
In theory - If you Temp Root with Z4, then download and flash ClockworckMod 3.0.0.8 with ROM Manager, then Z4 root again; download UnrevokedForever and flash it with CWM. You would have S-off with Recovery and could then flash any Rooted ROM you like.

Now please be advised, this is only a theory. I have not done this. Nor do I take any responsibility if your phone gets borked. But in thinking it through it might work.

Hope this helps.

Nice

pcp135

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think this makes a lot of sense. I will have to tread carefully :)