Good Kernel for Skyraider 4.3

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Any one know a good kernel for Skyraider 4? I'm looking for battery life (as always). I tried some of Lou's Kernels with it, and I got exceptional battery life, but stability suffered greatly. Lots of lag and FC's. It was exceptional Standby battery as I only lost 3% battery overnight as I forgot to plug it in to charge one night.

Right now I'm back to stock with it. I've tried the second kernel ihtfp69 put on Rom Manager with it, but with the latest upgrade, it was causing an error preventing wifi from turning on.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The stock kernel for Skyraider already has great battery life by all accounts. I don't think an alternate is really required, however any Froyo Sense kernel should work.

Have fun.

Reactions: 318sugarhill

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The stock kernel for Skyraider already has great battery life by all accounts. I don't think an alternate is really required, however any Froyo Sense kernel should work.

Have fun.
I've been getting much worse battery life since the recent updates. Was hoping to improve on it. I was using virtuous for what seemed like forever as that seemed to get me the best battery life but I was getting random reboots more and more often so I made the switch.

Justified

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting much worse battery life since the recent updates. Was hoping to improve on it. I was using virtuous for what seemed like forever as that seemed to get me the best battery life but I was getting random reboots more and more often so I made the switch.

I also was getting lees battery since the the 4.1 update, but I went to CM7 for a few weeks decided to do a full wipe coming back to SR and I'm getting the way better battery life than before.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Other than battery, I was having lag issues and camera issues. I'm kinda done with sense for awhile after swearing by it. Using MIUI right now with Launcher Pro and have been very satisfied. Won't use it without LP, but with it is very smooth and fast. One minor camera issue and the original browser sucks, but other than that, it's the least buggy Rom I've ever used.......and that includes certain versions of stock.

Now if only I can find a better kernel for MIUI........ :)

Justified

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The dev behind SR released a full version of 4.3 and it fixed all the problems for me and I put on heyitslou kernal #9 and 6 hours into the charge with constant texting and twitter/facebook checks I'm and 89%

As for MIUI I'm pretty sure any AOSP kernal would work check out the latest incredikernal

highhacker

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
OK i had to restore back to an old nandroid of skyraider4.3 . I lost 16gb card when i was changing battery the sd card had popped out and i snapped it in half . OHHHH>>GOD. it was full too. Anyways i lost the dang kernel i was using and have no idea what it was but it allowed over clocking and had good battery life . I liek teh stock kernal but the other had so much more . will heyitslou kernal #9 work ? As you know we are 2.2 android but this is the BEST and most stable of ALL the roms out there . NO KIDDING . used them all .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer