Photo Storage Location??

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that I am new to rooting phones. Last week, a co-worked talked me into it, and I have to say everything went pretty smoothly. I used Unrevoked to root my DInc, then fired right up CyanogenMod. Everything works just as planned..

However, with rooting in mind, I might have the wrong thoughts on it. I always though, the point of rooting the device was so I can do ANYTHING I wanted to it....and that possibly is the case. But here is my current dilemma.

My DInc has 8gb of internal storage, which, generally, I only use 2 or 3 at a time. I am cheap and only use the 2gb SD card that came with the phone. Up until I rooted, I never really ran into much of a problem with storage. Pretty much anything I use it for, music and video, I stream. Anyway, now that I have rooted and using CyanogenMod, I have filled up the SD quite quickly. What is the culprit? The camera. It now stores all of the photos on the SD card.

With my thoughts on rooting and being able to do anything to the phone, can I change the storage location? I have poked around and didn't see anything that I could change. Is there a setting or something that I am missing that I didn't click?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, no AOSP ROMs that I am aware of have the ability to save photos taken directly to internal storage. I would recommend purchasing a cheap 4gb+ microSD from Newegg.com or Amazon.

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks...kinda what I figured. I know the best thing to do is stop being so damn cheap and do it, but just don't. :D

I just figured with rooting, I could change anything I wanted, but guess not..

Either way, thanks for the info..