Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
OMG, the worst thing happened: My beloved Incredible has given up the ghost... Actually, I kinda killed it.
My Dinc was on my lap and we were watching TV, posting via Tapatalk, and running Quadrant... having a great time, when I decided it was late and that we should go to bed. I turned off the TV, and without thinking, I stood up. Before I realized what I had done, I heard a very dull *thud* and a faint crackling sound. There, face-down on the tile, lay my poor Dinc. I picked it up, hoping it would just be a mere scrape or chip on the side. Nope... The screen looked like a car windshield after a chance encounter with a foul ball and a local softball game. The only thing that held it together was the screen protector. My life flashed before my eyes as I tried to imagine going a day without Sense 3.5, and I began to sweat profusely. Shaking, I downed the rest of the cocktail that surely contributed to my lapse in phone care. I plugged my Dinc into the charger @ my nightstand, and I went to bed... not knowing what tomorrow might bring. I tried my best to mask my terrible sadness as I whispered what I had done to my girlfriend, who didn't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation at all. Nearby, my broken Dinc dutifully recharged its batteries, bravely trying to shake off what had happened so it could come to work with me in the morning.

The next morning, my Dinc woke me up as it has every day for the last 2 years. It vibrated on the glass top of my nightstand and cranked out the Beatles' "Good Morning, Good Morning", off the Sgt. Pepper album, as loudly as it could. Clearly, the speaker did not suffer any damage, as a result of the fall. Wait... was it all a dream? How cliche would that be, right? But somewhere deep inside, I secretly hoped it was. I looked over at my poor dinc, and traced my finger across its shattered display to silence the alarm, for what I knew was probably the last time.

My girlfriend whispered "There's a Droid X in the glove compartment of my car. Maybe you can use that until you get a replacement Incredible, or that new Vigor phone you keep talking about." Wow, thanks baby. :'(

So, now I'm installing a ROM onto a Droid X in hopes that it can somehow fill this empty hole left behind by the loss of my Business Gingersense 3.5 HTC Incredible...

spilling a 40oz for your homie:'(

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OMG, the worst thing happened: My beloved Incredible has given up the ghost... Actually, I kinda killed it.
My Dinc was on my lap and we were watching TV, posting via Tapatalk, and running Quadrant... having a great time, when I decided it was late and that we should go to bed. I turned off the TV, and without thinking, I stood up. Before I realized what I had done, I heard a very dull *thud* and a faint crackling sound. There, face-down on the tile, lay my poor Dinc. I picked it up, hoping it would just be a mere scrape or chip on the side. Nope... The screen looked like a car windshield after a chance encounter with a foul ball and a local softball game. The only thing that held it together was the screen protector. My life flashed before my eyes as I tried to imagine going a day without Sense 3.5, and I began to sweat profusely. Shaking, I downed the rest of the cocktail that surely contributed to my lapse in phone care. I plugged my Dinc into the charger @ my nightstand, and I went to bed... not knowing what tomorrow might bring. I tried my best to mask my terrible sadness as I whispered what I had done to my girlfriend, who didn't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation at all. Nearby, my broken Dinc dutifully recharged its batteries, bravely trying to shake off what had happened so it could come to work with me in the morning.

The next morning, my Dinc woke me up as it has every day for the last 2 years. It vibrated on the glass top of my nightstand and cranked out the Beatles' "Good Morning, Good Morning", off the Sgt. Pepper album, as loudly as it could. Clearly, the speaker did not suffer any damage, as a result of the fall. Wait... was it all a dream? How cliche would that be, right? But somewhere deep inside, I secretly hoped it was. I looked over at my poor dinc, and traced my finger across its shattered display to silence the alarm, for what I knew was probably the last time.

My girlfriend whispered "There's a Droid X in the glove compartment of my car. Maybe you can use that until you get a replacement Incredible, or that new Vigor phone you keep talking about." Wow, thanks baby. :'(

So, now I'm installing a ROM onto a Droid X in hopes that it can somehow fill this empty hole left behind by the loss of my Business Gingersense 3.5 HTC Incredible...

If you are handy with a screw driver....

Amazon.com: Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer Front Glass: Cell Phones & Accessories
$7 for a new screen, and they are in stock.

Reactions: BBEgo

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If you are handy with a screw driver....

Amazon.com: Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer Front Glass: Cell Phones & Accessories
$7 for a new screen, and they are in stock.

Stig...is the digitizer hard to replace? I decided on the Incredible 2 and bought one that had some minor screen scratches however...I know they're there. I saw the digitizer One Amazon for a really good price and was gonna attempt to swap it out...

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Stig...is the digitizer hard to replace? I decided on the Incredible 2 and bought one that had some minor screen scratches however...I know they're there. I saw the digitizer One Amazon for a really good price and was gonna attempt to swap it out...

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD

Doesn't look like it's too hard if you are not afraid of taking stuff apart, the tools used in the video are in the same link with the screen.

[YT]v=MugUYhtP0_o[/YT]

Reactions: mumfoau

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
You guys are so helpful! Thank you very much!
I got a PM about this very solution from a guy on XDA on Friday, and ordered from Amazon straight away. Even got the tool kit.
Should be here in a couple of days.

Now that I've got the Droid X up and running, I'm using my Incredible basically as a sophisticated iPod. To be honest though, I hate the X more and more with every ROM I flash. Even at its best (the ICX or Vortex Roms), it just pales in comparison to the Sense 3.5 Incredible.
I'll put up with a little bit of lag for a better overall user experience, and that's just what the Incredible gives you. But I'm staying on the X so that the upgrade to the Rezound is just that much Sweeter... How dumb is THAT?!? :-[ :D

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Rest easy...the Rezound is coming to the rescue. And as soon as I can upgrade, December, I'll be treating myself to a little early Christmas present!

Me too (Maybe sooner)

Just can't decide if it is early Christmas of late birthday

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Me too (Maybe sooner)

Just can't decide if it is early Christmas of late birthday

At least I know I'll have an awesome Christmas...the Mrs and the kids ummmm not so much:D;)

Flashing your 3.5 v2.1 over 2.0 right now...been looking forward to this update for a while. Keeping my fingers crossed the lockscreen is all good.

Edit: well about 10 minutes after what I thought was a successful flashover I got the lockscreen freeze up again. Just got up and running after a fresh install of v 2.1. So far so good.

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Runs like a top but I've already had a lockscreen freeze up and this is on a clean install with the stock kernel.

I'm gonna give it a few days before I either go back to something or reflash this...one or the other.

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I've read posts on xda saying 2.1 fixed the lockup for them.
Are you wiping System And Boot under Mounts and Storage as well?

Reactions: Wanda

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've read posts on xda saying 2.1 fixed the lockup for them.
Are you wiping System And Boot under Mounts and Storage as well?

Nope, just system. I've only had the one so far today. Thought I read Nils was't 100% that it was fixed but that he had not had it happen during the week he tested.

Not gonna give up on this sweet ROM just over that. If it does it some more I'll just go back, clean install and wipe both.

Thanks for the tip.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Immediatly after I posted above my phone went into another lockscreen freeze. This one lasted for quite a while, probably 3-4 minutes before it would unlock. So, did another clean install, this time wiping both the system and boot. So far so good this morning! If this truly fixes it this will be the best 3.5 ROM out there!

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Great news on the stable re-flash. Hope all is well after that.
My display repair kit arrived yesterday, and I'm hoping to see the new screen in today's post. If I have time to perform the surgery tonight, I should have my Incredible back online tomorrow.

Nothing would make me happier than to put this awful Droid X back in the desk drawer. Although I must admit it is running VERY well with Chevy's "Simply Stunning" ROM. But I miss Sense 3.5 and the Incredible trackpad so much!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Great news on the stable re-flash. Hope all is well after that.
My display repair kit arrived yesterday, and I'm hoping to see the new screen in today's post. If I have time to perform the surgery tonight, I should have my Incredible back online tomorrow.

Nothing would make me happier than to put this awful Droid X back in the desk drawer. Although I must admit it is running VERY well with Chevy's "Simply Stunning" ROM. But I miss Sense 3.5 and the Incredible trackpad so much!

Good luck on the surgery.

Happy to report that I've had ZERO lockscreen freeze ups today! Totally digging this ROM...It's gonna take a lot to drag me off of this version (except a higher version number of course :p)!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Had a lock freeze up again this morning. It happened as I was backing out of my driveway and I tried to unlock to turn my ringer volume up. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with my WiFi trying to handoff to the 3G network which is very poor in my neighborhood.

Still sticking with Nils' ROM though.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Well d#$@it if I didn't have another freeze up. Really don't know what's up with my phone. Its stock kernel, no funky apps beyond what I've run on every other ROM. Really don't want to have to do another clean install.

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Well d#$@it if I didn't have another freeze up. Really don't know what's up with my phone. Its stock kernel, no funky apps beyond what I've run on every other ROM. Really don't want to have to do another clean install.

It's a bug in the lockscreen routine

Could you do me a favor and try this to see if it helps you. It is the TrackPad wake and unlock mod for my ROM which alters the lockscreen and it's lib. So what you end up with is TP wake and unlock and possibly the final fix for the periodic freeze.

TP Wake - Flash in recovery

Reactions: Wanda

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20