Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Business GingerSense v2.3 I believe is the non-rotating carousel (or 3D) version. It is Gingerbread and Sense but it is Sense version 2.1.

Business Gingersense v1.5 is Gingerbread with Sense 3.0. It has the carousel screens, something better seen than me trying to explain. It's a pretty cool visual effect.

I had some lag issues with the Gingersense version that incorporated Sense 2.1
    I've had very little lag and maybe a browser FC here and there with Gingersense that uses Sense 3.0.

Here is a link to Nil's Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.5. My favorite Sense ROM out there right now. I'd recommend giving it a try if you like Sense. After a clean install you should have very little if any lag...i've found it to be an extremely well put together ROM.

[ROM] Nils' Business GingerSense 3.0 (8/5/11 V1.5) - xda-developers

I've tried v2.3 with the 3d Carousel and it's pretty cool. Definitely a fun feature. I will try v1.5

Thanks!

Anybody having issues with dropping 3G and ****ty signal while running this rom?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

read his release notes!!

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
    Anybody having issues with dropping 3G and ****ty signal while running this rom?
    Been running it all day with no issues.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Thanks man. I did end up flashing 1.3 over 1.4 with no problems. I've since flashed over to 1.5 now and it's rocking strong with no problems.

I must say I'm really enjoying this ROM. After being AOSP with CM7 for so long I forgot how intergraded Sense was (thats not always good but in this case it is).

I'm sure I'll be back to CM7 eventually, but not anytime soon.
    Wanda, I know you've been over in the CM7 nightly thread quite a bit, so I'm curious to hear your impressions on battery life compared to CM7? Are you running any custom kernel with GingerSense? I'm thinking of switching over myself.

Thanks.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

When I last used CM7 (probably back on nightly 153 or so) I also used Chad's latest kernel (i think its posted on the OP for the CM7 thread). My battery life was outstanding.

With Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6, battery life is not as good. I'm not running any special kernel. I've got a 1750mh battery and I can usually make it through a day with no problems but if I've got a looong day, like off the charger at 0600, I'm typically looking for a place to get some juice by 7pm. Obviously your mileage will vary. I'm not a power user, just the typical emails, texts, phone calls, some surfing (gotta check my Android Central!), Facebook (I know, I'm a loser), Slacker Radio or my built in music player for a while, and some Angry Birds.

Long story short, CM7 will most likely get you better battery life. The Sense UI in and of itself is kind of a battery hog.

I'm sure I'll go back to CM7 at some point but battery life isn't really my main drive in life. If it is yours you may want to go with CM7 and Chads.

Hope this helps!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

So I ran Ginger-Sense 3.0 v1.6 for 2 days and I was amazed at how much Sense has grown, but I couldn't get past the lag. I think I had used CM7 for so long I had become accustomed to the speed of an AOSP ROM. Despite the shortcomings of stock Android (dialer, email client), I'm back to CM7 for the pure snapiness of the ROM.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Yeah it can present some lag but in my opinion it has been minimal...at least on my phone and hasn't been a deal breaker for me. Sense 3.0 is a beast...I mean the ROM weighs in at 280something megs if I'm not mistaken, and thats after it was whittled down some. I'm pretty sure thats the reason why the Inc will never get an official update, Sense 2.1 and 3.0 just takes up too much space.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Nils Business Gingersense is pretty awesome, although, after reading this thread, 2.3 is the most laggy one? Just installed the 2.3... Tad laggy, but like Wanda said, Sense 3.0 is beast. Should I stay with 2.3, or before I get it all set up, switch to 1.6 because it is a lot less laggy?

Just rooted on Sunday, so I'm still learning

Thanks to Wanda's glowing recommendation, I'm downloading Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 right now. We'll see how it goes once I flash it. Shoot, I JUST flashed SkyRaider 4.3 to give it some run. LOL

Man this is a daggum good ROM!!!!! Sense 3.0 is the business and I'm seeing 0 lag so far. The thing finally settled down. Whew!! Good stuff!!!

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by arran1 View Post
    Nils Business Gingersense is pretty awesome, although, after reading this thread, 2.3 is the most laggy one? Just installed the 2.3... Tad laggy, but like Wanda said, Sense 3.0 is beast. Should I stay with 2.3, or before I get it all set up, switch to 1.6 because it is a lot less laggy?

Just rooted on Sunday, so I'm still learning
    You might give 2.3 a couple of days. I ran the 2.3 3D version for a few days before trying Synergy's ROM. They both had about the same amount of lag. The 3.0 business gingersense has been quite a bit smoother for me and by that I mean, no more lag than any other Sense based ROM (Skyraider excluded) and less than 2.3 and Synergy's Sense3.0 ROM for sure.

After you've got it all set up, just make a nandroid backup and give 3.0 a try...worst case scenario you don't dig it and restore the backup you made of 2.3 gingersense.

Quick question about Nils Business GingerSense.... Where do my pictures go when I take them? I can't find either of the 2 pictures that I took...

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Quick question about Nils Business GingerSense.... Where do my pictures go when I take them? I can't find either of the 2 pictures that I took...
    There has been a discussion over at XDA about this issue...seems some people have an issue where the pics save to the phone storage rather than the SD card. I have also lost a picture or two, nothing important fortunately, but it is a big stinker. After I checked my settings and reset them to SD card I haven't lost any.

Edit: Start reading at post #1044. NilsP is the Dev of this ROM and he is very responsive to questions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...75842&page=105

There has been a discussion over at XDA about this issue...seems some people have an issue where the pics save to the phone storage rather than the SD card. I have also lost a picture or two, nothing important fortunately, but it is a big stinker. After I checked my settings and reset them to SD card I haven't lost any.
    Thanks Wanda.... Found the setting, took a test pic and it works.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

You might give 2.3 a couple of days. I ran the 2.3 3D version for a few days before trying Synergy's ROM. They both had about the same amount of lag. The 3.0 business gingersense has been quite a bit smoother for me and by that I mean, no more lag than any other Sense based ROM (Skyraider excluded) and less than 2.3 and Synergy's Sense3.0 ROM for sure.

After you've got it all set up, just make a nandroid backup and give 3.0 a try...worst case scenario you don't dig it and restore the backup you made of 2.3 gingersense.
    Ok, that's what I was thinking so far. I was just going to nandroid and flash away. I have a feeling I'm gonna be one of the avid flashers. So much to try!!

And, when answering a call on Nil'sp etc. 2.3 version, to answer a call you drag the answer button to the ring right? Because whenever I do that, it brings me to the place where you draw your password pattern (dont remember the name...) And the call drops. Otherwise, great so far.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Yep, just drag the green answer button in to the ring. I'm not sure about the pattern lock, never used one myself so I couldn't say ...sorry.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Yep, just drag the green answer button in to the ring. I'm not sure about the pattern lock, never used one myself so I couldn't say ...sorry.
    Ok, thanks!

I've been rocking my rooted stock Incredible for quite some time, and I'm ready to venture into the rom world at this point. Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 sounds like right where I want to start, i.e. gingerbread/sense 3. I'm a complete newb as far as getting ROMs up and running. I'm about to venture off into forum threads in search of what I'll need, but if you guys have suggestions that'll make this learning process quicker I'd love to hear what you've got. I'm literally starting from scratch here, so any suggestions, links and info to get me up to speed and running Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 will be much appreciated.

I'm rooted, stock Incredible and I've got titanium backup, and superuser permissions.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Try CM7 Nightlies as well. Did that two days ago, awesome ROMs. Thought that I would go back straight away to Gingersense, but I don't think I will for a while... And I am a big Sense fan.

The Nils' Business Gingersense is awesome too. Great ROM. Sense 3 in my opinion has just a whole bunch of new features to Sense 1. Very easy to customize and get up and running. While I used it, every thing seemed to work. Flash it like any other ROM and you are on your way. Don't have to worry about flashing/downloading and installing GAPPS as they are already there. As long as you do a nandroid of your current ROM, you are good to go. Backup your contacts unless you have them already backed up to GMail. Its not fun having to type in all your contacts again....

Have fun flashing!!

And if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Great community here....

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Since this seems to be the new AC Home for Nils' 3.0 I'll link this here!
    http://www.androidcentral.com/rom-re...oid-incredible
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by HumorMonkey View Post
    I've been rocking my rooted stock Incredible for quite some time, and I'm ready to venture into the rom world at this point. Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 sounds like right where I want to start, i.e. gingerbread/sense 3. I'm a complete newb as far as getting ROMs up and running. I'm about to venture off into forum threads in search of what I'll need, but if you guys have suggestions that'll make this learning process quicker I'd love to hear what you've got. I'm literally starting from scratch here, so any suggestions, links and info to get me up to speed and running Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 will be much appreciated.

I'm rooted, stock Incredible and I've got titanium backup, and superuser permissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Since this seems to be the new AC Home for Nils' 3.0 I'll link this here!
    http://www.androidcentral.com/rom-re...oid-incredible
    I would have weighed in earlier but I've been "off the grid" for a few days.

To start, make a nandroid of your current set up. This above all else will save you lots of pain and agony if the ROM you installed doesn't live up to what you thought it would be. The back up your apps with titanium. After that, let the flashing begin!!

Stig: Yet another well written ROM review though, fair warning, I'm biased as this is my current favorite Sense-based ROM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I gotta say, after using it for a while I'm really on the fence about switching as a daily driver.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    I gotta say, after using it for a while I'm really on the fence about switching as a daily driver.
    I feel the same way. I really dig the battery life of CM7 w/ the Incredikernel but that since 3.0 is a thing of beauty.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

I can always (OK usually) find an outlet if need be, but I can't just find another kick a$$ lock screen or Sense's total integration.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some CM7 but this ROM is pretty tough to beat.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast