Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Has anyone flashed Business Gingersense V 2.0 yet?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I didn't know there was already a new release.
    I need to check out the reviews first though, kinda curious as to if anyone has tried it yet to.

sent using TaPaTaLk

Waiting on reviews is the route I'm taking as well. I think he may have put it out sometime yesterday though.

This Gingersense is gonna fool right on around and end up being my daily ROM. Very slick!!

Last edited by mumfoau; 08-23-2011 at 07:46 AM.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Default Re: Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I didn't know there was already a new release.
    I need to check out the reviews first though, kinda curious as to if anyone has tried it yet to.

sent using TaPaTaLk
    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Waiting on reviews is the route I'm taking as well. I think he may have put it out sometime yesterday though.

This Gingersense is gonna fool right on around and end up being my daily ROM. Very slick!!

Why wait, nandroid it and give it a go...I'm downloading right now!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Why wait, nandroid it and give it a go...I'm downloading right now!
    I downloaded it this morning but didn't have time to xfer it to my SD card. I will likely flash it after work.

Sent using Tapatalk

You know...battery isn't that bad with Nils. Unplugged for 7 hrs and 24 mins and my battery is at 49%. I'm using setCPU with a screen off profile of 245-384 Mhz...

Sent using Tapatalk

Is anyone having any issues with gmail?

Sent using Tapatalk

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

I was having some interwebs issues today and couldn't download the v2.0. Good thing I suppose because 2.1 is already out.

Looks like some resized widgets, readded the "stocks" widget, replaced Polaris with another office app, and "some other minor stuff"

I'm downloading now.

@mumfoau, my battery life has been on par with what I expect from a Sense based ROM. I unplugged at around 0545 this morning and made it home at 1730ish with about 15% left. At my last check I had 4+ hours of "awake" time and after that check I sent quite a few more texts and some emails as well.

@Wanda Today, I just charged back to full once the indicator turned purple at around 45%. I generally like to head home with plenty battery in case something happens. I don't like to use my car charger because I believe the heat is the culprit to random reboots I experience while on a road trip this past weekend.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

@Wanda Today, I just charged back to full once the indicator turned purple at around 45%. I generally like to head home with plenty battery in case something happens. I don't like to use my car charger because I believe the heat is the culprit to random reboots I experience while on a road trip this past weekend.

I don't ordinarily let mine get that low before I start hunting for some 120v but I didn't have that chance today. I'm pretty pleased with my battery life. My buddy's AT&T iphone4 gets about the same mileage...he and I compare batt % throughout the day and he's never more than 5% better than I am.

Yeah I have compared mine to my wifes iPhone a time or 2. Like this past Thursday we were off for a Drs appt and we went to see planet of the apes at a 4:05 show. I unplugged at around 9:30am and before we went into the show she was reaching for the car charger. Me, I had 60+% of my battery left. I think that I was rocking either SR or CM7 that day.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I don't ordinarily let mine get that low before I start hunting for some 120v but I didn't have that chance today.
    Ever wonder where Wanda is when he's not here? The Android Paparazzi got this picture of him looking for "the Juice!"

Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
    Wanda 
    Wanda likes this.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Yeah I have compared mine to my wifes iPhone a time or 2. Like this past Thursday we were off for a Drs appt and we went to see planet of the apes at a 4:05 show. I unplugged at around 9:30am and before we went into the show she was reaching for the car charger. Me, I had 60+% of my battery left. I think that I was rocking either SR or CM7 that day.

So another long day in the books...almost 14 hours off the charger, 3:45 awake time and it was at 9% when I got home and got plugged.

mumfoau, if you have any luck with Setcpu I'd really be interested to know. As I've said I haven't played with it but I'd totally be willing to try it out.

mumfoau, if you have any luck with Setcpu I'd really be interested to know. As I've said I haven't played with it but I'd totally be willing to try it out.
    Setcpu definitely helped my battery with Nils!!!! All I do is disable Perflock and set up a 'screen off' profile with both min and max at 245 and priority at 100. Set on boot and I'm done.

Thanked by 2:
    davidncWanda 

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Ever wonder where Wanda is when he's not here? The Android Paparazzi got this picture of him looking for "the Juice!"

LoL

So I just wanna thank Stig for telling me that I don't have to wipe between Nandroid flashes. I have flashed about three times this morning. LOL

Special thanks to Tiny/Jermaine for hooking up a kernel and mod that will allow smartass governor to work in SetCPU for Gingersense and the rooted OTA!!!

Sent via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by mistah_mumford View Post
    Setcpu definitely helped my battery with Nils!!!! All I do is disable Perflock and set up a 'screen off' profile with both min and max at 245 and priority at 100. Set on boot and I'm done.

Im trying those settings you have for setcpu as well .Even tho I have pretty good battery life,sounds like those settings can only add

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Im trying those settings you have for setcpu as well .Even tho I have pretty good battery life,sounds like those settings can only add
    I haven't tried Setcpu yet but I did flash a new kernel last night. Its linked on the original XDA link and its in post #3. The peeps over there (including Hitch Itch I think) are having good things to say about it. For me so far its working pretty well. Hard to say after only being off charger for 3 hours.
    Thanked by:

I haven't tried Setcpu yet but I did flash a new kernel last night. Its linked on the original XDA link and its in post #3. The peeps over there (including Hitch Itch I think) are having good things to say about it. For me so far its working pretty well. Hard to say after only being off charger for 3 hours.
    I'm using the same kernel from post #3. Also on page 158, post #1579 by cantare there's a link to another thread with a link for the flashable mod that will allow the smartass governor to work. The guys that created the mod worked with chad so I feel really good about it.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I think I feel myself becoming a junkie. I seem to always be reading either here or xda.

Sent via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Since this seems to be the new AC Home for Nils' 3.0 I'll link this here!
    http://www.androidcentral.com/rom-re...oid-incredible
    I noticed in the review that there is no text-to-speech for Nav. Which one is recommended?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

It took me directly to a market app when I first used the nav. I forget which one off the top of my head.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Ok cool. I seem to keep coming back to Gingersense!! Just a little while ago, I would always come back to CM7.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by mistah_mumford; 08-27-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Tried to install Business Gingersense version 2.1 (the newest 3.0). I wiped everything 3x and when I booted into Gingersense, it was a weird combo of CM7 and Gingersense. Seriously, it was CM7's lockscreen, and then CM7's desktop, if you want to call it that. There was no status bar, or laucher/rosie. Then I was attacked by like twenty different FC's in the Gingersense message thing. And it just kept having the same things FC. Turned it off, inbetween the FC messages, and then it wouldn't boot, into the ROM, recovery, or HBOOT for about five minutes. I finally got to boot into the ROM and went through all the FC's to do the power menu and rebooted into recovery. Wiped everything and restored my NANd.

What the heck? I'll try again tomorrow, once I have redownloaded it. Maybe just a bad download.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast