Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You might give 2.3 a couple of days. I ran the 2.3 3D version for a few days before trying Synergy's ROM. They both had about the same amount of lag. The 3.0 business gingersense has been quite a bit smoother for me and by that I mean, no more lag than any other Sense based ROM (Skyraider excluded) and less than 2.3 and Synergy's Sense3.0 ROM for sure.

After you've got it all set up, just make a nandroid backup and give 3.0 a try...worst case scenario you don't dig it and restore the backup you made of 2.3 gingersense.

Ok, that's what I was thinking so far. I was just going to nandroid and flash away. I have a feeling I'm gonna be one of the avid flashers. So much to try!!

And, when answering a call on Nil'sp etc. 2.3 version, to answer a call you drag the answer button to the ring right? Because whenever I do that, it brings me to the place where you draw your password pattern (dont remember the name...) And the call drops. Otherwise, great so far.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep, just drag the green answer button in to the ring. I'm not sure about the pattern lock, never used one myself so I couldn't say ...sorry.

HumorMonkey

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been rocking my rooted stock Incredible for quite some time, and I'm ready to venture into the rom world at this point. Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 sounds like right where I want to start, i.e. gingerbread/sense 3. I'm a complete newb as far as getting rom's up and running. I'm about to venture off into forum threads in search of what I'll need, but if you guys have suggestions that'll make this learning process quicker I'd love to hear what you've got. I'm literally starting from scratch here, so any suggestions, links and info to get me up to speed and running Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 will be much appreciated.

I'm rooted, stock Incredible and I've got titanium backup, and superuser permissions.

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try CM7 Nightlies as well. Did that two days ago, awesome ROMs. Thought that I would go back straight away to Gingersense, but I don't think I will for a while... And I am a big Sense fan.

The Nils' Business Gingersense is awesome too. Great ROM. Sense 3 in my opinion has just a whole bunch of new features to Sense 1. Very easy to customize and get up and running. While I used it, every thing seemed to work. Flash it like any other ROM and you are on your way. Don't have to worry about flashing/downloading and installing GAPPS as they are already there. As long as you do a nandroid of your current ROM, you are good to go. Backup your contacts unless you have them already backed up to GMail. Its not fun having to type in all your contacts again....

Have fun flashing!!

And if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Great community here....

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been rocking my rooted stock Incredible for quite some time, and I'm ready to venture into the rom world at this point. Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 sounds like right where I want to start, i.e. gingerbread/sense 3. I'm a complete newb as far as getting rom's up and running. I'm about to venture off into forum threads in search of what I'll need, but if you guys have suggestions that'll make this learning process quicker I'd love to hear what you've got. I'm literally starting from scratch here, so any suggestions, links and info to get me up to speed and running Nils' Business Gingersense 3.0 v1.6 will be much appreciated.

I'm rooted, stock Incredible and I've got titanium backup, and superuser permissions.

Since this seems to be the new AC Home for Nils' 3.0 I'll link this here!
http://www.androidcentral.com/rom-review-nils-business-gingersense-htc-droid-incredible

I would have weighed in earlier but I've been "off the grid" for a few days.

To start, make a nandroid of your current set up. This above all else will save you lots of pain and agony if the ROM you installed doesn't live up to what you thought it would be. The back up your apps with titanium. After that, let the flashing begin!!

Stig: Yet another well written ROM review though, fair warning, I'm biased as this is my current favorite Sense-based ROM.

Reactions: PvilleComp

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I gotta say, after using it for a while I'm really on the fence about switching as a daily driver.
I feel the same way. I really dig the battery life of CM7 w/ the Incredikernel but that since 3.0 is a thing of beauty.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I can always (OK usually) find an outlet if need be, but I can't just find another kick a$$ lock screen or Sense's total integration.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some CM7 but this ROM is pretty tough to beat.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know there was already a new release.
I need to check out the reviews first though, kinda curious as to if anyone has tried it yet to.

sent using TaPaTaLk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Waiting on reviews is the route I'm taking as well. I think he may have put it out sometime yesterday though.

This Gingersense is gonna fool right on around and end up being my daily ROM. Very slick!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know there was already a new release.
I need to check out the reviews first though, kinda curious as to if anyone has tried it yet to.

sent using TaPaTaLk

Waiting on reviews is the route I'm taking as well. I think he may have put it out sometime yesterday though.

This Gingersense is gonna fool right on around and end up being my daily ROM. Very slick!!

Why wait, nandroid it and give it a go...I'm downloading right now!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You know...battery isn't that bad with Nils. Unplugged for 7 hrs and 24 mins and my battery is at 49%. I'm using setCPU with a screen off profile of 245-384 Mhz...

Sent using Tapatalk

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I was having some interwebs issues today and couldn't download the v2.0. Good thing I suppose because 2.1 is already out.

Looks like some resized widgets, readded the "stocks" widget, replaced Polaris with another office app, and "some other minor stuff"

I'm downloading now.

@mumfoau, my battery life has been on par with what I expect from a Sense based ROM. I unplugged at around 0545 this morning and made it home at 1730ish with about 15% left. At my last check I had 4+ hours of "awake" time and after that check I sent quite a few more texts and some emails as well.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
@Wanda Today, I just charged back to full once the indicator turned purple at around 45%. I generally like to head home with plenty battery in case something happens. I don't like to use my car charger because I believe the heat is the culprit to random reboots I experience while on a road trip this past weekend.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
@Wanda Today, I just charged back to full once the indicator turned purple at around 45%. I generally like to head home with plenty battery in case something happens. I don't like to use my car charger because I believe the heat is the culprit to random reboots I experience while on a road trip this past weekend.

I don't ordinarily let mine get that low before I start hunting for some 120v but I didn't have that chance today. I'm pretty pleased with my battery life. My buddy's AT&T iphone4 gets about the same mileage...he and I compare batt % throughout the day and he's never more than 5% better than I am.