Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Default Re: Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    Gee, I thought I was the only one who calls it dark and sinister. I guess you call that my Signature since all my ROMs have a similar look.

By the way, I posted version 2.2 today which includes my modified GS kernel with init.d processing working which increases RAM availability and speeds up the ROM.

Also, Tiny's kernel is working pretty good with my GB ROMs. I just don't include custom kernels in the ROM since they can cause problems and confusion.

Enjoy

Nils
    Sweet! Fan-bloody-tastic to see you here on A/C Nils! I'm a big fan and proponent of your 3.0 ROM.
    Had a quick thing though and would have posted it on XDA but my "one" post count won't let me post to the ROMs original thread.

I know you added the stocks app and widget back in the 2.1 version but I can't get either to work. I suppose I'm the only one who uses it as I read quite a few people who just delete it anyway. The app appears as though its there but when you put in a stock to track it just searches forever and never finds it...both on 3G and WIFI.

Other than that VERY minor thing I really dig your work!

I just got the community ROM up and running full speed...so far it's pretty slick but I think I prefer the themeing you've put into it. I'll definitely be firing up my Nand backup of 3.0 and updating as soon as I can get a chance.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Sweet! Fan-bloody-tastic to see you here on A/C Nils! I'm a big fan and proponent of your 3.0 ROM.
    Had a quick thing though and would have posted it on XDA but my "one" post count won't let me post to the ROMs original thread.

I know you added the stocks app and widget back in the 2.1 version but I can't get either to work. I suppose I'm the only one who uses it as I read quite a few people who just delete it anyway. The app appears as though its there but when you put in a stock to track it just searches forever and never finds it...both on 3G and WIFI.

Other than that VERY minor thing I really dig your work!

I just got the community ROM up and running full speed...so far it's pretty slick but I think I prefer the themeing you've put into it. I'll definitely be firing up my Nand backup of 3.0 and updating as soon as I can get a chance.
    Actually been a member here for a long time but never posted (too many good forums too little time HaHa). Just your basic lurker.

Yes, I did re-add the stock app in 2.1 by request but missed one important piece and it did not work right. Somewhere on XDA I posted the fix but it is also included in 2.2 that I posted today.

If you restore 2.1 you can just flash 2.2 over it without wiping.

Enjoy
    Thanked by 2:
    davidncWanda 

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Actually been a member here for a long time but never posted (too many good forums too little time HaHa). Just your basic lurker.

Yes, I did re-add the stock app in 2.1 by request but missed one important piece and it did not work right. Somewhere on XDA I posted the fix but it is also included in 2.2 that I posted today.

Enjoy
    Thanks man, you rock. Restoring for a flash-over right now!

Oh and glad you got your recognition from XDA!

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Getting an MD5 sum mismatch when I try to restore my v2.1 ...never gotten one before. Looks like it'll be a fresh install for v2.2 tonight.

This 2.2 is super snappy! Yes, I flashed it at work.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Wanda likes this.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

@ Nils - Good to see you here! We're all big fans of your ROMs.

@ mistah_M - Flashing at work usually results in one sort of HR encounter or another!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    @ mistah_M - Flashing at work usually results in one sort of HR encounter or another!
    LOL... I just start it and put my phone down.

Sent via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Enjoy
    I was wondering why the stock app wasnt working correctly ,I had switched to another free stock app from the market since I assumed something was wrong ,sinced I did a full wipe before I updated to the 2.1.
    Cool to know tho that I can just flash 2.2 over without a wipe needed, since I am still on 2.1.
    I found a work around the stock "stock market app that didnt work.I didnt realize others had the same issue with the stock market app( or even used it haha) ,summertime(early fall) I am not on any forum(s) as much .
    Thanks for your continued support/updates for this Great Rom

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    I'm guilty of flashing roms at work at times too but I am my own boss so I allow myself to

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

2.2 loaded and running. Slicker than snot! Stock app works though its still really slow to find the stock you're trying to load. Other than that its running 4.0.

Edit: stocks app working fine today...must have been just a fluke.

I'm fairly new to Rooting (tried 4 or 5 ROMs so far) and I've tried 2 of Nils Business Gingersense ROMs, 3.0 v1.6 being the last and love Sense 3.0 a lot, but cannot keep the ROM stable. I'd love to keep that one, but something doesn't mesh with my phone for some reason - Keep getting force closes and freeze ups.

I've also had similar issues with some other ROMs (Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 being the exception as it seems to work the best) and wondering if it's an issue with how I"m restoring my apps.

I'm totally wiping the phone correctly - wipe cache 3x, wipe dalvik 3x, full wipe 3x, format boot, sys and data 3x, so that's not the issue. I'm using Titanium backup to restore and restoring manually one at a time (i did a batch restore one time and totally took up all my app space and restored stuff i didn't want, so I do it manually now). There's a handful of apps I restore the apk AND data as i have notes, settings, etc that would take too long to begin again from scratch. Could restoring the app data be corrupting the ROMs? I know restoring system data is a no-no, which i don't do (unless restoring music playlists is under that category).

Would love to go back to Nils Gingersense 3.0, but i need a stable ROM as this is my work phone. Any advice on why i'm having ROM issues would be appreciated...
    >>HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC Rezound > Galaxy S4 > Galaxy NOTE 4
    Android Addict

Backed up CM7, full wipe/cache/dalvik FIVE times each, flashed 2.2, rebooted. Continuous force closes. Can't even navigate the home screen, one FC after another. I really don't want to move away from CM7, just wanted to try Nil's from reading all these posts.
    @Android_Lee
    Nexus 6
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 5
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 7
    Lollipop rooted

Wow... That's very weird. I've had no issues.

Sent via Tapatalk

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jmk32 View Post
    I'm fairly new to Rooting (tried 4 or 5 ROMs so far) and I've tried 2 of Nils Business Gingersense ROMs, 3.0 v1.6 being the last and love Sense 3.0 a lot, but cannot keep the ROM stable. I'd love to keep that one, but something doesn't mesh with my phone for some reason - Keep getting force closes and freeze ups.

I've also had similar issues with some other ROMs (Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 being the exception as it seems to work the best) and wondering if it's an issue with how I"m restoring my apps.

I'm totally wiping the phone correctly - wipe cache 3x, wipe dalvik 3x, full wipe 3x, format boot, sys and data 3x, so that's not the issue. I'm using Titanium backup to restore and restoring manually one at a time (i did a batch restore one time and totally took up all my app space and restored stuff i didn't want, so I do it manually now). There's a handful of apps I restore the apk AND data as i have notes, settings, etc that would take too long to begin again from scratch. Could restoring the app data be corrupting the ROMs? I know restoring system data is a no-no, which i don't do (unless restoring music playlists is under that category).

Would love to go back to Nils Gingersense 3.0, but i need a stable ROM as this is my work phone. Any advice on why i'm having ROM issues would be appreciated...
    I downloaded and flashed last night, clean install and besides the Market FCing on me in the very early stages of the setup, I've had no problems at all.

All I can think of is a bad download or a bad flash.

As far as wiping everything 3 times...to me it's overkill. It's not like the cleaning lady is going back over your kitchen floor and getting crumbs she may have missed...it's all one's and zero's. When you wipe it runs it's little program the same way each time, it either wipes it clean or it doesn't. I could be wrong after all I'm not a programer/hacker/really smart guy.

Not sure what you mean by formating the boot...thats a new one to me, never heard of doing that one. The only things that need to be wiped are "wipe data/factory reset"..."wipe cache partition"..."dalvik".

If it were me, I'd try a fresh download and a fresh flash. If you suspect its the download, you could try downloading it directly to your phone, just make sure you're on WIFI

Quote Originally Posted by ucluglee View Post
    Backed up CM7, full wipe/cache/dalvik FIVE times each, flashed 2.2, rebooted. Continuous force closes. Can't even navigate the home screen, one FC after another. I really don't want to move away from CM7, just wanted to try Nil's from reading all these posts.
    As I said above, the only FC's I've had so far are the Market but that was very early into me setting things back up. Maybe its your phone's way of saying it prefers to be unfettered by Sense in general
    Android_Lee likes this.
    Android Addict

Actually Wanda, I think it was my sub-conscience asking me if I really, REALLY wanted to stop using CM7.
    @Android_Lee
    Nexus 6
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 5
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 7
    Lollipop rooted
    Wanda likes this.

Wanda,

When you restore your apps after flashing, what do you do? Do you restore the apk and the app data?
    >>HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC Rezound > Galaxy S4 > Galaxy NOTE 4

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jmk32 View Post
    Wanda,

When you restore your apps after flashing, what do you do? Do you restore the apk and the app data?
    Kinda depends...I keep my phone backed up with Google so after I log in the first time its starts to download the apps automatically...thats not always a good thing. It doesn't always download every app so I usually have to go into Titanium and restore some of my backups.

As far as apps and data...the only apps I ever restore with data are Cardstar (cause I'm too lazy to re-input all those stupid cards and I've lost most of them anyway), Colornote, and AngryBirds (standard version and Rio)...everything else is App only, never data, and restored through Titanium, and I do them one at a time. As you've found out, the batch restore isn't always a good idea.

I really hope it works out for you, it really is a kicking ROM I swear.

Ok, I guess the next time i have a lot of time available i'll try Nils Gingersense 3.0 v2.2 and just not restore data for my apps and see if it's more stable. Wish there was an easier way...

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Quote Originally Posted by ucluglee View Post
    Thats what happend to me, so I guess I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    2.2 loaded and running. Slicker than snot! Stock app works though its still really slow to find the stock you're trying to load. Other than that its running 4.0.

Edit: stocks app working fine today...must have been just a fluke.
    Yeah, they won't let me tweak their server

If you have trouble after flashing like any FC's or stuck on splash screen it is because something from your prior ROM was left behind so do the following:

1. Pull battery if necessary
    2. Make sure your on hboot .92
    3. Make sure your on CWM 3x or higher
    4. Enter recovery
    5. Wipe cache on main menu
    6. Wipe dalvik in advanced
    7. Format data, system, and cache in mounts
    8. Re-Flash ROM from SD Card
    9. ReBoot

Problems can also occur if you are restoring data with Titanium or automatically with Google.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Problems can also occur if you are restoring data with Titanium or automatically with Google.
    Restoring through Google wasn't something I was trying to do, it just started after flashing a ROM, I forget which, after I checked "Keep this device backed up with Google". So far I haven't had any problems...and it seems like the only thing it restores data wise is my bookmarks. All the apps it automatically downloads are apps only and require me to re-sign into, or re-set up.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

If you have trouble after flashing like any FC's or stuck on splash screen it is because something from your prior ROM was left behind so do the following:

1. Pull battery if necessary
    2. Make sure your on hboot .92
    3. Make sure your on CWM 3x or higher
    4. Enter recovery
    5. Wipe cache on main menu
    6. Wipe dalvik in advanced
    7. Format data, system, and cache in mounts
    8. Re-Flash ROM from SD Card
    9. ReBoot

I will try that later today. Hopefully it will work because your ROMs are definately some of the best.

Thanks for the fix!

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid 1.4, AOKP

Just flashed Nils GingerSense 3.0 - it's absolutely awesome. Still working on battery life, but to be honest, I haven't put my phone down and haven't stopped customizing, so it's getting a workout. Another 'new' phone :-)

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mldiroff View Post
    Still working on battery life, but to be honest, I haven't put my phone down and haven't stopped customizing, so it's getting a workout. Another 'new' phone :-)
    I flashed the modules and Setcpu from the original XDA thread and followed the instructions and didn't really see that much of an improvement. Granted, I keep my screen up to max bright, auto sync all lot of stuff, keep my Exchange mail set to push at peak and off peak times. With all that in mind, at around the 4:30 mark for awake time I'm usually at like 15% on the battery. Pretty average I've found with a Sense based ROM and for all the crap I keep going in the background.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast