Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Nils. Not to go off topic here but I'm interested in your opinion of the Rezound. I've messed with it in the store and it seems pretty much like your 3.5. One thing I've read that I can't figure out how to get around is the lack of a true FM radio. Sounds old fashioned but I use mine a lot, every time I hit the gym...they've got little RF transmitters so you can hear the TV while you ride the bike or whatever.

Anyway, just interested in hearing from someone who knows a thing or two about phones.

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey Nils. Not to go off topic here but I'm interested in your opinion of the Rezound. I've messed with it in the store and it seems pretty much like your 3.5. One thing I've read that I can't figure out how to get around is the lack of a true FM radio. Sounds old fashioned but I use mine a lot, every time I hit the gym...they've got little RF transmitters so you can hear the TV while you ride the bike or whatever.

Anyway, just interested in hearing from someone who knows a thing or two about phones.

Truthfully I love it. Had it since launch day since I broke my primary Inc the day before. I fixed it but am still using the Rezound day to day since I paid for it.

Ironically I miss flashing it but that day will come. However, other than the theme it seems like like my 3.5 ROM on steroids.

There are a few complaints about missing apps and the FM Radio is one of them and the other biggie is the HTC Hub. It does include Slacker but I am not a big fan. A few people reported that there are apps in the market that are similar and work.

SIDE NOTE: I have a BusinessSense ready for the Rezound, just need to test it when I can

Reactions: Wanda

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Neither. I've never been on Sprint. I've been a VZW customer for over 15 years.
OK then have you installed any ROM's based off of a Sprint ROM? Some ported ROM's were not cleaned of all the Sprint stuff and caused this problem. If so then you need to go back to stock and then a fresh flash of my 3.5 ROM. Instructions are in the thread for my 3.5 ROM for that very reason.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
OK then have you installed any ROM's based off of a Sprint ROM? Some ported ROM's were not cleaned of all the Sprint stuff and caused this problem. If so then you need to go back to stock and then a fresh flash of my 3.5 ROM. Instructions are in the thread for my 3.5 ROM for that very reason.

(from my post)
ucluglee said:
Ok, I went back and did a complete wipe and install of Nil's 3.5. I did the stock rom install, reboot and flash 3.5 route. Very smooth. Having two small issues at the moment. The first is......

Um, yep. Did that.

vida

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
When you install skip all options then go into Settings > Privacy and turn off the 2 options. When you then start GMail or the market make sure it is checked off there. May not even prompts you there after turning it off in privacy. You can also check in Settings > Sync when you activate anything google.

I've been busy with Christmas but I did go through the whole process again following Nil's instructions, flashing the stoch GB rom first and then his. This time I did make sure that I unchecked the restore option before so it didn't automatically restore anything. I've been using it now for two weeks but I still get FCs and a week ago it started doing something new, when I exit an app it often but not always goes to a black screen that says HTC and then a timer icon appears and says "loading" for a long time before I can use the phone again. It's also very slow to do anything. I only have a few apps. Do you have any idea what the problem is? It's worse now than it was before.:'(

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been busy with Christmas but I did go through the whole process again following Nil's instructions, flashing the stoch GB rom first and then his. This time I did make sure that I unchecked the restore option before so it didn't automatically restore anything. I've been using it now for two weeks but I still get FCs and a week ago it started doing something new, when I exit an app it often but not always goes to a black screen that says HTC and then a timer icon appears and says "loading" for a long time before I can use the phone again. It's also very slow to do anything. I only have a few apps. Do you have any idea what the problem is? It's worse now than it was before.:'(

Quite a few people had the same problem and got some relief by using something called the V6 supercharger. Its a script you download and then run via script manager (free app in the market). Its not the easiest of things but its not difficult either. You can find the V6 script and instructions on how to run it on XDA.

Reactions: vida

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed this last night and love it. But when I turn on music and enable beats, no sound comes out. When I disable, I get sound back. I have searched, but using search terms like "beats audio" returns an enormous number of results.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Its been a while but I believe for beats to work you have to use Tiny's kernel for gingersense...specifically the 10/15 one or maybe the 10/31 version.

Try this:

http://www.incredikernel.com/?page_id=10

Scroll down to the ones that say "Gingerbread [Sense]" and find the one dated 10/31...if that one doesn't work try the one dated 10/15 but I'm pretty sure 10/31 is the one.

Last edited:

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Flashed the Kernel...no love. I flashed 10/31. will try 10/15. All I did was boot into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik 3 times each, and flashed the kernel as usual. Should I do something else?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Flashed the Kernel...no love. I flashed 10/31. will try 10/15. All I did was boot into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik 3 times each, and flashed the kernel as usual. Should I do something else?

Nope that should have done it. It's just my opinion but you don't need to wipe things three times...it either gets wiped the first time or it doesn't.

As far as PC mount, I don't recall that being a problem with this kernel/ROM combo. I usually use WIFI File Explorer.

vida

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Quite a few people had the same problem and got some relief by using something called the V6 supercharger. Its a script you download and then run via script manager (free app in the market). Its not the easiest of things but its not difficult either. You can find the V6 script and instructions on how to run it on XDA.

I tried V6 supercharger and it definitely helped....for awhile. Then just as before, it progressively got slower and slower, lots of FCs and finally started doing all kinds of weird things. I could hardly use it and was miserable but I've been in classes and didn't have time to do anything until now. So I started over, full wipe of data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache, flashed the stock GB ROM, uncheck the restore option etc per Nil's instructions, did another full wipe before flashing Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5. It was great at first but after a few days I started seeing the same symptoms as before, whatever it is is like a slow growing cancer that eventually takes over. Am I doing something wrong? Should I not do a full wipe after flashing the stock GB ROM and flashing Nil's? Any ideas? Classes are going to start again and I won't have time to play with it again until Christmas.:'(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood