Ack, help please! phone stuck!!

thinh4u2

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I can only load my phone to the H-Boot screen,
When I try to go to recovery, it doesn't do anything.....goes to this weird black screen with two white lines that run vertically (one on each side of the screen)

help please! I havent even done anything.

This all started when I held down my power button and went to restart.Was getting ready to reboot into a less laggy ROM, but have not gotten past this H-Boot screen =[

The weird thing is, when I do Power+Up it just vibrates 3x and does nothing. But when I press Power+Down, it goes to the HBoot screen.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When you say you were getting ready to reboot into a less laggy ROM - does that mean you flashed a ROM before this started or that you were going to flash a rom?

What were you doing just before this happened?

What ROM are you running now?

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
did you remember to do a full wipe of the previous rom?

i had the 3x vibrate problem to, but i charged it for 3 minutes and it booted up just fine (made myself look like an idiot on the XDA Forums in the process :p)

you didn't brick it if you can turn the device on.....hmm, i can't help ya much without info.

thinh4u2

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have a SLCD Incredible, not AMOLED correct? I remember when the SLCDs first came on the scene, alot of people had this issue because the recovery did not support their screens.

http://dougpiston.com/files/Recovery/PB31IMG-recovery-clockworkmod-3.0.0.8.zip

Download this, rename it to PB31IMG, flash in HBOOT. Then try to boot into recovery, you should be good.

Oh man this was 100% exactly what I needed. You completely saved my life. What must've happened was that i was impatient and accidentally trigger for HBoot to update the PB31IMG file (whatever it was) and so my clockwork recovery did not load properly. Then when I tried to unrevoke it, it didnt allow it....spent hours and hours and frustrated at my failure. You saved me a head concussion from slamming my head on the wall =P

thank you so much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463