new rooter question

countyfootball18

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my droid incredible and Im wondering how I make a nandroid backup? I downloaded rom manager and backed up my current rom will that do the trick or is there more I need to do?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my droid incredible and Im wondering how I make a nandroid backup? I downloaded rom manager and backed up my current rom will that do the trick or is there more I need to do?

Wow, just went for it huh? Well no problem, start by reading this. It has all the answers...Your question is answered specifically in Step 4 but I would highly encourage you to read the entire process. ROM manager is not known for it's pain-free flashing experience if and when you decide to start trying some other ROMs

http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...oot-rom-your-droid-incredible.html#post628102

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep. You can find the backup you made one of two ways. Either in recovery, go to "backup and restore". Once there go to "restore" and it will present you with the backups you've made. As far as I can tell it labels them by the date and time in Zulu that the backup was made, so if you made one right now it would read 2011-08-15-02.34.56 or something like that, bascially today at 1034 and 56 seconds pm but its zulu time. If you see the latest one there, or one there at all, you've made a nandroid.

You can repeat this process to restore your nandroid. If you don't want to restore just back out using the power button to get back to main menu and select "reboot".

The other way and easier way is to use a file explorer like Astro, or File Manager and navigate to your SD card. This is done with the phone in regular running mode, no recovery or hboot or anything, just plain old "turn on your phone" mode. Your Nandroids will be stored in the file called "clockworkmod", then under "backup". Same thing, you should see your nandroids there labeled the same way as described above.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
How can that be??? ;)

I come here alot...at the very minimum twice a year for a week at a time plus about 6-7 more times per year just for a day or two. Staying out at the Hartsfield Airport and I know pretty much every pub in a 10 mile radius and most of them are closed on a Sunday. But, I can always flash a ROM if I get too bored right!:D