Need help. HBoot hanging on Clockworkmod hat symbol screen

cecebree

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Would appreciate help to either fix an hboot issue on my Droid Incredible or just getting back to the original Verizon froyo 2.2 image. I haven't been able to find a thread with my particular problem.

I rooted using Unrevoked3 method and used ROM Manager to flash to Cyanogenmod 7 winner00 ROM. No problems until I discovered I was missing most of my apps along with Google apps and market (including ROM Manager). Oops.

I figured out how to get most of my apps back from the SDcard, but not Google Market or ROM Manager. So I downloaded the Google apps zip file from XDA website and it is on my microSD card. Now my problem is that when I try executing any of the HBoot menu items, they just hang on the screen with the hat icon. I waited a long, long time to be certain it was truly hanging. Any help will be appreciated. I really love the looks of the flashed ROM, but at this point, I will settle to just getting back to where I was. I am a NOOB but had some limited experience in rooting a Droid2 and managed to SBF back with RSDlite.

Update: Fixed! Duh! I stumbled on the problem by accident. I just needed to use the scroll pad to get the sub menu items.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are seeing the Clockwork logo that means you pushed the power button on the main screen. In HBOOT the power button selects, in clockwork the power button goes back one level.

In clockwork to select an action press the optical joystick button.

Boot back recovery and flash the GAPPS package in clockwork. Don't wipe anything. When you reboot it will ask you which apps you want to install, including the market.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: wonkman

wonkman

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU PVILLECOMP!

I can't believe the answer was so simple. I've been scouring the forums and this is what I needed. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11