1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nils Business GingerSense

Default Micro SDHC Advice

Im Tired of dealing with the space constraints of my 4 gig San Disk card.
    Im looking for a 16g card, seems a tougher task then I thought.
    Best Buy doesn't sell crap for micro sd, New egg has some, but if you read the reviews it leaves me scratching my head.
    I do like Newegg and I wish Best Buy sold something worth buying since I have a 45 day no hassle return with them.
    The only brand I have ever owned is San Disk and they seem to be way to expensive compared to other brands now

Newegg has some good deals on a

A Data16gig class 10 card for $29
    Kingston 16gig class 4 card for $26
    PNY 16gig class 10 card for $28

I here class 4 is to slow and class 10 has a lot of errors and class 6 is a sweet spot, but class 6 cards are hard to come by, no many out there.
    Any Suggestions would be Great
    Newegg link to the 16gig micro sdhc cards-

Thanks
    Hitch

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Micro SDHC Advice

I've had good luck with Kingston and PNY in the past - I have an 8gb Kingston in the phone now.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    AOKP

For a phone a class 4 is just fine considering our phones can't even utilize the speed increases of a class 10. A class 6, maybe.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

I've got a 16GB SanDisk and I've never had a problem with my SD. Not sure what class it is and I can report it doesn't play 720p video back very smoothly but then, it's a phone, not an iMax theater. I don't remember what I paid for it (it was a year and a half ago) but it's been worth every bit of storage.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

ROM
    RezRom

I am on my second PNY 16GB Class 4...and it sucks, too. I have a Sandisk 8GB Class 2 that is a ton faster and more stable. I am taking my newest one back. Sucks balls...