Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

256 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Nils Business GingerSense

Default Micro SDHC Advice

Im Tired of dealing with the space constraints of my 4 gig San Disk card.
    Im looking for a 16g card, seems a tougher task then I thought.
    Best Buy doesn't sell crap for micro sd, New egg has some, but if you read the reviews it leaves me scratching my head.
    I do like Newegg and I wish Best Buy sold something worth buying since I have a 45 day no hassle return with them.
    The only brand I have ever owned is San Disk and they seem to be way to expensive compared to other brands now

Newegg has some good deals on a

A Data16gig class 10 card for $29
    Kingston 16gig class 4 card for $26
    PNY 16gig class 10 card for $28

I here class 4 is to slow and class 10 has a lot of errors and class 6 is a sweet spot, but class 6 cards are hard to come by, no many out there.
    Any Suggestions would be Great
    Newegg link to the 16gig micro sdhc cards-Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Flash Memory & Readers, Flash Memory, Micro SDHC, 16GB

4,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Default Re: Micro SDHC Advice

I've had good luck with Kingston and PNY in the past - I have an 8gb Kingston in the phone now.

394 Posts

For a phone a class 4 is just fine considering our phones can't even utilize the speed increases of a class 10. A class 6, maybe.

1,467 Posts
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

I've got a 16GB SanDisk and I've never had a problem with my SD. Not sure what class it is and I can report it doesn't play 720p video back very smoothly but then, it's a phone, not an iMax theater. I don't remember what I paid for it (it was a year and a half ago) but it's been worth every bit of storage.

253 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

I am on my second PNY 16GB Class 4...and it sucks, too. I have a Sandisk 8GB Class 2 that is a ton faster and more stable. I am taking my newest one back. Sucks balls...