HTC Incredible won't power on What should I try next?

ecgreg

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

First I should say that tonight was the first time I've even touched a Dinc I, I've had a Droid X and Nook Color and have been playing with ROMs for the past year so I consider myself proficient, but no expert.

The Dinc I was given was in a white screen boot loop. It would vibrate show a white screen with Droid Incredible on it and then power down only to repeat the process over and over. I was able to boot into Hboot and placed a GingerBread PB31IMG.zip file on a FAT32 formatted microSD card.

When I booted the DINC found the update and did it's thing to check the update. HBoot then asked if I wanted to apply the update, I choose "Yes" and the phone rebooted itself and started the update process. I went to work on another project and came back to show the update had finished saying "Update Failed". When I viewed the update progress one of the items was listed as "failed", it was the first item and said something like "Partition Structure", I can't remember.

Hboot advised a reboot which the DInc did, but it did not power back up. I can get no lit led on the front of the phone when connected to a charger and the phone will not attempt to boot either into hboot or the OS.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dr.Bones

ecgreg

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey Pvillecomp,

Did everything, I can get no lights or other signs of life. On the off chance that the problem is the battery, I ordered another which should be in Monday.

BTW Love your help site and image--
"Some say that he quit i'm a celebrity because he was scared of trees, and that he thought star wars was a documentary. All we know is, he's called the stig!!!." my favorite show!

DrBones

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are not getting any lights, screen flicker, vibration or anything at all when powering up that is not a good sign.

Try the new battery when you get it, but don't rip the package, so you can return it. I don't think it's going to make a difference. The Image PB31IMG files contain a Radio as well as the ROM. If the file was corrupt when you flashed it, it most likely bricked the phone. Did you check the MD5 before flashing?

Thanks for the kind words about the site. I was coming up with new "Stignitures" that were android/tech related every week for about a year but lately I've been switching them every two weeks. Clarkson and company only have to come up with 12 or 13 a year! ;)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey bnoss - Welcome to AC.

Try this, download the Gingerbread RUU image from here:

Stock Images | PvilleComp's

You will have to install HTC sync on your PC to get the drivers, then connect your phone to your PC and try the RUU.

With luck it will flash you to Stock Gigerbread.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85