Droid Incredible Gingerbread 2.3.4 Full Install and Root

codecae

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's a tutorial to install Gingerbread 2.3.4 w/ root completely from soup to nuts.

This isn't an upgrade, so back up your apps before starting.

Included are all of the files and detailed instructions. I have performed the steps myself and have a smoothly working, rooted dinc with 4.08.605.2.

I suggest only performing this if you have already received the update push from verizon so you can perform a checkin and get the update upon request.

My installation of the OTA failed due to root, so this was what I did to get around it.

Click here to download all the stuff...

Last edited:

codecae

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
This isn't for a target audience really. It was just something I threw together today to give people a hand if they're striking out with other methods.

If you already have root and can upgrade successfully then you don't need it,.. but if you can't get there, this may be an alternative.

--- UPDATE ---

This is for rooted Froyo users who weren't able to perform any of the recent gingergread updates... (like me)

Last edited:

jpennin88

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What if I already have installed the pushed version of 2.3.4? I just bought the Dinc 2 today and got the push like 45 minutes after I powered it up. It was not rooted before the push. Will the links provided still work?

mrctony

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Damn FBI they think they can rule the world they are just messing with the beast,
there are things that have always beingn and always will be,there is nothing you can do about it to stop it,
they will find new ways to do what they do,:'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon