can't get to hboot (trying to root)

ssjalakazam

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to root my phone, which is brand new (opened it 2 days ago, have only connected it to my google account and installed the Lastpass app).

I am trying to follow the stickied thread at the top of this forum, but am stuck at one of the very first steps - I can't seem to get my phone to boot into "hboot".

I powerdown, then hold the power and voldown buttons. 30, 60, 120 seconds...nothing happens. When I release the buttons, the phone boots normally. I found the same issue on another site, but the solution given (the Quickboot app) requires the phone to ALREADY BE ROOTED so...wtf?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Google unrevoked forever or unrevoked 3. Its the one click root method for the Inc. Its very easy and well worn.

And as far as I know to get to hboot power down. Hold the volume down button then hit the power on. You don't have to keep depressing the power button down but you do have to keep the volume down button depressed.

Edit: Should have axed you earlier...what version are you running. If its the latest OTA Gingerbread then you won't be able to root. That version of Gingerbread has been "fixed" and the exploit that was previously used to gain root access was closed up.

Last edited:

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue of not getting into hboot. When you power down, you might have to pull the battery for a couple of seconds than put it back in and power it on holding the power button and volume down.

Reactions: T3CH9ICIAN

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am betting that the phone is already on GB and has Fast boot enabled. To get to HBoot you need to turn off fast boot in Applications\settings. If it is on GB you will need to follow the other steps in the thread Rooting 2.3.4 as Unrevoked will not work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz