Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default App to Extend the data/data partition

I remember reading about an app you could use, if rooted, to extend the small data/data partition on Android phones (specifically at DINC). However, I've been going through the Android Central forums and can't seem to find the app's name. I think it was GetMySpaceBack or something along those lines.

Does anyone know of any apps like this? Any help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: App to Extend the data/data partition

I don't remember seeing that, I remember seeing an ADB command set that would do it on XDA, but I don't remember what it was.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

I've been struggling with that problem for months. If a fix like that exists it would be huge.

I believe you may be referring to Ext4all. It basically moves data/data to the larger /data folder so you can use more than the pitiful 150mb we're stuck with

Worked great for my rooted dinc. You can find it on the xda developer site...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid 1.4, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jmk32 View Post
    I believe you may be referring to Ext4all. It basically moves data/data to the larger /data folder so you can use more than the pitiful 150mb we're stuck with

Worked great for my rooted dinc. You can find it on the xda developer site...
    I'll second using the Ext4 mod. Sped things up really nicely.

Just a quick note - if you do a nandroid backup after flashing the Ext4 mod, then you restore that backup at some point after flashing a different ROM, you have to reflash the mod after you restore your backup. If you forget, you'll get a crap ton of FC nonstop. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

did the same mod just last week. fantastic! this mod works w/ CM7, too, right? i am using the gingertiny, and i heard it recommended to me that I try cyanogenmod because I run so many launchers, I don't even see Sense. I wanted 7.1, but i read about lots of force closes and boot loops. is that fix, or is 7.2 better (more stable?)? will it work on top of the mod?