Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Curious Question About Rooting Dinc.

Just wondering how many have successfully rooted GingerBread and how? I had my rooted under froyo but ota update to gingerbread and not now. I had problem update to GB and had to perform soft and hard reset to do gb update.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Curious Question About Rooting Dinc.

If you are still S-OFF from your previous root then you are in luck.

Check if you are S-OFF by booting into HBOOT - it will tell you right at the top.

If you are, download the latest Clockwork from here:
    Recoveries | PvilleComp's

And follow the directions to flash it in HBOOT.

Once you have clockwork, ROMs and Mods HQ thread for a rooted Stock ROM and flash away, you'll have root back in no time.

If you are S-ON however this won't work and you'l have to downgrade to Froyo, re-rrot with Unreoked and then move on from there.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Curious Question About Rooting Dinc.

Thank You, Sorry for the late reply.

Yes it was still at S-OFF. So I will download Clockwork and install it. Thinking about mod it now. We had upgrade to DINC2. Best Buy price right now is $1. Thinking about use it as a GPS for the car.

RDSweb