Sure is quiet

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Everybody got new phones, then it became same old same old. This is my first visit in over a month.

Rocking CM7, and rooted a while ago too.

I'm still here because I am on a 2 year contract, 4-5 months to go :-!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I still have my dinc but havent flashed anything in awhile.I do have GN as my main phone but still use my dinc some too.
Im still on a CM7 rom have thought of flashing an AOKP ICS rom on it but havent as of yet.
The dinc was my first android phone an even tho I can upgrade it next month I think I wont ,maybe at the end of year but kinda hate to retire it no issues ,running butter smooth and great battery life :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

buzz86us

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried the ICS rom but what sucks is that is netflix isn't stable so for my devices (touchpad and d. inc) I am sticking with CM7. Am I the only one here who has his droid incredible on pageplus?? I am waiting for Republic Wireless to come out of beta and I am kicking myself for not getting into it initially. I hope they don't force me back to the Optimus V because this phone is way more capable and thinner and I can't even get netflix on the OV since netflix cut support for client 1.22.

Last edited:

Igloo Thomas

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Condemned CM7 and am waiting for the ICS builds to grow a bit. I tried out an early build and it was a bit sluggish. I am up for a new phone in about 6 months, but there are no phones that currently grab me. Galaxy Nexus would be an easy choice but I want a phone with a decent camera on it. Razr Maxx also looks good, but when I get a new phone, I want one that sports ICS from the onset. Who knows how many new phones will be out come six months though...

Keldog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Good point, all.. the most active posters all moved on to the Rezound or the GNex. I'm still keeping my DInc because i'm off contract now and just don't have a need to upgrade. Thinking of flashing an AOKP rom just for fun, but i'm not in any hurry.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Good point, all.. the most active posters all moved on to the Rezound or the GNex.

I've moved on to the Rezound but I still like to poke my head in the doorway every now and then. Gonna give my Inc to my dad...should be interesting seeing as he's coming from a Jitterbug, and no thats not a joke. I gave him and my mom Amazon Kindle's for Christmas....it almost blew their minds! :D

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed AOKP ICS 4.0.3. Pretty slick. My Inc isn't even an activated phone for me anymore, still a great device that's fun to hack though.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still lurking around every once in a while, although about 3 weeks and I'll have my GNex. My upgrade date is a week after I get my tax refund :D

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade came up last week, still don't know what to upgrade to, or if I even want to. The Dinc has so many options. The only reason I would upgrade is for 4G, and a bigger screen. The old peepers aren't what they used to be!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been so torn on getting a Nexus. I just don't know. Everything works fine so I don't HAVE to spend the $$, but, but, but..... <le sigh>

PepeLePew.jpg

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am quiet cuz I am having issues rooting the darn phone and it has frusturated me to the point where I just dont care anymore. I am in the same boat as pville, phone works fine but i want a new....delicate balance between spending the money and just going with what works fine

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am quiet cuz I am having issues rooting the darn phone and it has frusturated me to the point where I just dont care anymore. I am in the same boat as pville, phone works fine but i want a new....delicate balance between spending the money and just going with what works fine

What issues are you having? There are two ways to root now:

1) downgrade to Froyo and use Unrevoked (This will give you S-off as well)

2) Use the HTC bootloader unlock and then flash Clockwork. Once you have Clockwork you can make a backup and then flash a rooted ROM. (No S-off though)

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm also still using my dinc, and am loving it. I am hoping for cm9 to make an appearance before I try any of the ICS roms out there. So until then I am running cm7 nightly 258. Does anyone know if there are any newer nightly builds out there? I know they have had their issues with the servers and such.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm also still using my dinc, and am loving it. I am hoping for cm9 to make an appearance before I try any of the ICS roms out there. So until then I am running cm7 nightly 258. Does anyone know if there are any newer nightly builds out there? I know they have had their issues with the servers and such.

they are not doing the CM7 nightlies anymore, since they are focusing energy and resources into CM9.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the CM DInd Devs were working on some other things and on CM9. The bot hasn't been building for quite some time, though it appears that they are close to fixing that problem. I guess no one has run a DInc build since there has been nothing specific for it.

Steve K said on G+ that they were gearing for RC 7.2 so I guess we'll se a build for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac