Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bootloader problems.

so im new to the root world,just rooted yesterday, and am trying to get a new bootloader,a nice looking mario one to be specific, but anyways... every attempt to change it DOES NOT work. believe me,im doing every step perfectly, the whole data/local or system/media thing.no hope at all. Any ideas? do i have to unlock my bootloader or something? and if so how...

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Bootloader problems.

Are you trying to change the splash image or the boot animation?

Either way - be sure your it says S-OFF at the top of the HBOOT screen and that your SD Card is formated FAT 32.

And have you looked at these threads?

How To CREATE & SHARE Your very own Splash1 Screen

Can't change splash screen
    Last edited by PvilleComp; 02-27-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

oh it says s-on...however i have no idea what that means.guessing i have to put it to off,how?? and thanks btw

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

How did you root? If you used Unrevoked it should have given you S-OFF as part of the operation.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hmm that's strange,I did use unrevoked 3.22 I believe ...uh oh.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

You can run this -
    public:forever [RootWiki]
    Just make sure your radio is one of the listed radios in the instructions. If it's not listed then do not run it!!! Check under menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Baseband version

Also check to see if you have super user installed on your phone. It will show up as an app.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Omg thank you so much! Btw your activity on this forum is so active? do u like work at this site or something?

damn..i had the exact same problem but my radio number isnt supported any suggestions? also rooted on unrevoked...

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyyyu View Post
    Omg thank you so much! Btw your activity on this forum is so active? do u like work at this site or something?
    I am a site Adviser, but I don't "work" for the site in the traditional sense of being paid. I just enjoy sharing and helping others with their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by abc1234 View Post
    damn..i had the exact same problem but my radio number isnt supported any suggestions? also rooted on unrevoked...
    abs1234 - It might or might not work with the Gingerbread radio. I don't know for sure. I have not tried it. But if you want S-OFF for sure I would downgrade to Froyo and then re-root. Then you will definitely have S-OFF.

If you try it, let us know if it works or not.

hmm ok thanks! and also, just because our s is on, does that mean i cannot flash custom keyboards, and other add ons?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Nope - just means you can't get to things like the Radio, Splash, and other protected stuff.