so im new to the root world,just rooted yesterday, and am trying to get a new bootloader,a nice looking mario one to be specific, but anyways... every attempt to change it DOES NOT work. believe me,im doing every step perfectly, the whole data/local or system/media thing.no hope at all. Any ideas? do i have to unlock my bootloader or something? and if so how...
    02-27-2012 03:59 PM
    Are you trying to change the splash image or the boot animation?

Either way - be sure your it says S-OFF at the top of the HBOOT screen and that your SD Card is formated FAT 32.

And have you looked at these threads?

How To CREATE & SHARE Your very own Splash1 Screen

http://forums.androidcentral.com/inc...sh-screen.html
    02-27-2012 04:51 PM
    oh it says s-on...however i have no idea what that means.guessing i have to put it to off,how?? and thanks btw
    02-27-2012 05:24 PM
    How did you root? If you used Unrevoked it should have given you S-OFF as part of the operation.
    02-27-2012 06:54 PM
    Hmm that's strange,I did use unrevoked 3.22 I believe ...uh oh.
    02-27-2012 07:42 PM
    You can run this -
    public:forever [RootWiki]
    Just make sure your radio is one of the listed radios in the instructions. If it's not listed then do not run it!!! Check under menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Baseband version

Also check to see if you have super user installed on your phone. It will show up as an app.
    02-27-2012 09:05 PM
    Omg thank you so much! Btw your activity on this forum is so active? do u like work at this site or something?
    02-28-2012 02:43 PM
    damn..i had the exact same problem but my radio number isnt supported any suggestions? also rooted on unrevoked...
    02-28-2012 07:05 PM
    Omg thank you so much! Btw your activity on this forum is so active? do u like work at this site or something?
    I am a site Adviser, but I don't "work" for the site in the traditional sense of being paid. I just enjoy sharing and helping others with their phones.

damn..i had the exact same problem but my radio number isnt supported any suggestions? also rooted on unrevoked...
    abs1234 - It might or might not work with the Gingerbread radio. I don't know for sure. I have not tried it. But if you want S-OFF for sure I would downgrade to Froyo and then re-root. Then you will definitely have S-OFF.

If you try it, let us know if it works or not.
    02-28-2012 07:47 PM
    hmm ok thanks! and also, just because our s is on, does that mean i cannot flash custom keyboards, and other add ons?
    02-28-2012 08:29 PM
    Nope - just means you can't get to things like the Radio, Splash, and other protected stuff.
    02-28-2012 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD