Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2

Default Re: [ROM](Ice Cream Sandwich) AOKP by Team Kang

This ROM is G-R-E-A-T. Heck, I even had to post my 'About Phone' screen on Twitter because I had naysayers being all, "Oh, that can just be a theme, your phone is too old for ICS." BAM. I have it now, suckas!

Everything works great for me. (Even the Gallery works OK) The only issue I have in the Gallery was that in my usage of CM, if I unchecked Picasa albums in sync, they would go away. They're still hanging 'round here and I really don't want my Picasa albums on my phone as I don't use them. Not sure if this is a 'here-to-stay' ICS thing or a bug?

Also, CM had a 'quiet hours' function which I really enjoyed because after a certain hour my phone would switch from 'normal' to 'vibrate' without me doing anything (and sometimes I forget to do this!) Is there something like this going to put in a later release or is it there and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks for all your hard work, this is amazing overall.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I was looking for Quiet Time too - one of my favorite features of CM. Hopefully in a future build.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock with XDA Google Now

Installed this ROM last night, worked first try. Loving is so far, but can't get gallery to work. Need to figure out a way around it since I do take at least 1 pic a day. If anyone knows a fix please let me know. Thanks

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    RezRom

Been using this for a few days now, and here are my observations:

Overall...<3 this ROM. Fast...snappy transitions, great features and look.

</3 Gallery doesn't work. At least twice a day I have to do a battery pull because the phone freezes up.

*EDIT*

Started using stock launcher instead of Nova Launcher. Gallery works now, and I have not had to hard reset it. Can't edit app icons with stock launcher, though.
    Last edited by tmettler5; 03-15-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Update Observation

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    RezRom

I want to love this rom...but the reboots and FCs are hard to get past...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I've noticed that if you plug it in to charge with the screen off and unplug it with the screen off then it does not lock up as often. The only battery pulls I've had to do are after unplugging it with the screen on.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    RezRom

My phone was doing something similar on CM7, so I wonder if it is the phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I had a similar problem a while back. Turned out that my battery was loose in the case. I folded a piece of paper and taped it to the inside of the back and the problem went away. Might be worth a shot.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    RezRom

I already did that. It's freezing. Sometimes with the screen on, sometimes not. My extended battery sometimes has intermittent contact, but the original battery has good contact. It didn't freeze up with Nils, but there was some reason I stopped using it. I don't remember why. But I do remember it was a compelling reason. It might be time to save up and use it until it dies--then buy a new one, or light up the credit card...sigh.

ROM
    AOKP

Nice write up Pville, would expect nothing less though! AOKP has become an awesome ROM. I run it on my GNex and it was ROM I was running when I retired my Incredible. Pulled it out of its drawer when b28 dropped, kind of amazing to see our old Inc running ICS. Nice to see some of the old friends kicking around in here.

Hopefully I'll see some of you around the Nexus forums soon. It's an awesome phone. IMO, it's a must buy if you're a big AOSP fan. I was tempted by the Rezound since the bootloader got unlocked, but once I saw the development section for the Nexus on Rootz, I pulled the trigger. Great upgrade from the Inc.
    PvilleComp likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Thanks Cron, don't be shy coming by to say hi - we like to see you GNex guys go slumming every once and awhile.

ROM
    Gnex-Stock-Dinc AOKP M5

Never had these issues on CM..any version, but had some issues on AOKP. Lockups, random reboots, camera issues, etc... CM ftw. They just need to work out some bugs on CM9. Unusable on the Dinc in my opinion.

ROM
    Gnex-Stock-Dinc AOKP M5

Try using quickpic gallery app. It worked perfectly on AOKP milestone 4. Free in the market. Best gallery app I've ever used.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Only re-booting issues I have had are using the GPS for more than 1/2 an hour. Then it routinely reboots on me. Which really sucks if you're getting close to an action point on your trip!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    How's it running? My friend is on aokp 28. Does holding the home button work? (its broke on the fascinate). Also playing videos in the browser isn't working for him, is this fixed in 30? Or can it be fixed? Thanks for any help in advance anyone can give.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

So far so good - videos are still hit or miss in the browser.
    Thanked by:

Can someone please help?

I'm following the instructions on here and after I flash ICS, I get to the point where I need to flash GAPPS but I can't figure out how. I download the file and when I try to open it, it says it can't open file. I also see no way in getting CWM working without Play. Sooo annoying.

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

Ok. You are on aokp ics then or no? Once I have that I can provide you with better info. You can pm as to not clutter up the thread if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    lildragonkp likes this.

Definitely. Thanks i love storms.

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    So far so good - videos are still hit or miss in the browser.
    On build 31, what videos are you getting to work? The only ones that we can get are ones that will open in the gallery, none work in the browser.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Some of the vids on Gawker/Gizmodo work, others don't. Almost all have some problem like the video playing in the center and then being shown in the margins as well.

I don't do a lot of video on the phone but like I said it's hit or miss.

ROM
    AOKP b30 + Incredikernel

I've been using AOKP for the DInc since build 25. I'm currently on b30 and stability has been greatly approved along with some annoying bug fixes. I still have problems with the gallery loading sometimes, but it's not a huge deal to me.

This is THE custom ROM I've been looking for since the DInc's release! I've switched between so many ROMs over the past couple of years searching for the one that was perfect for me. This ROM has so many features and customizations baked in. With this and Nova Launcher you can't go wrong.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted TouchWiz

Have they corrected the gallery not working issue? How about the bar code scanner, is that working? Are the occasional total device freezes when taking it off of charge been resolved? For me, these were the 3 deal breaker issues. If these have been corrected then I might have to reload it and try again. Till then, I am back on CM7.2 RC1
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic!

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

On build 30 the total freezes were still there but far and few. My friend says that in build 31 he is getting much less fc's. He seems pretty happy on 31, and he was ready to go back to GB

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast