[ROM](Ice Cream Sandwich) AOKP by Team Kang

lildragonkp

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help?

I'm following the instructions on here and after I flash ICS, I get to the point where I need to flash GAPPS but I can't figure out how. I download the file and when I try to open it, it says it can't open file. I also see no way in getting CWM working without Play. Sooo annoying. :(

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok. You are on aokp ics then or no? Once I have that I can provide you with better info. You can pm as to not clutter up the thread if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lildragonkp

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Some of the vids on Gawker/Gizmodo work, others don't. Almost all have some problem like the video playing in the center and then being shown in the margins as well.

I don't do a lot of video on the phone but like I said it's hit or miss.

BrandT90

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using AOKP for the DInc since build 25. I'm currently on b30 and stability has been greatly approved along with some annoying bug fixes. I still have problems with the gallery loading sometimes, but it's not a huge deal to me.

This is THE custom ROM I've been looking for since the DInc's release! I've switched between so many ROMs over the past couple of years searching for the one that was perfect for me. This ROM has so many features and customizations baked in. With this and Nova Launcher you can't go wrong.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Have they corrected the gallery not working issue? How about the bar code scanner, is that working? Are the occasional total device freezes when taking it off of charge been resolved? For me, these were the 3 deal breaker issues. If these have been corrected then I might have to reload it and try again. Till then, I am back on CM7.2 RC1

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
On build 30 the total freezes were still there but far and few. My friend says that in build 31 he is getting much less fc's. He seems pretty happy on 31, and he was ready to go back to GB

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
How about the gallery and camera? Is that working all the time now? I use the bar code scanner a lot, and need to make sure that it works before I go back, which I really want to do.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I think my friend still has gallery fcs and I think the camera is ok, but he didn't use that daily

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting real tired of the Google Nav crashes. It always seems to crash at a critical point in the trip. Anyone else having this problem?

abdon_junbug

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
This Rom is really good. This issues are minimal at this point. The camera app works but feels unstable. Panorama crashed. The gallery didn't crash on me but is laggy. Overall, I'm loving this rom.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Flashed Milestone 5 today with a full wipe. So far so good. We'll see if this fixes some of the crash issues I've been having.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey, what happened to this thread, it was like 6 pages long just the other day...

anyways, i am running the cm7 nightly, incredikernel, and the Ext4All mod. That's the mod that moves the 150mb /data/data partition to 750mb internal storage, which pretty much eliminates the Low Storage Notification.

Do you guys know if that mod will work on this ICS ROM?

Thanks!

[MOD] EXT4All Continued - xda-developers

entendu

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The HTC Incredible is no longer my daily driver since I got a Gnex, but I have been tinkering with it as a media device. I decided to flash the AOKP rom, but sadly did not have a great experience with it.

It was rather sluggish, I had a screen issue where it would glitch out and the screen would look tiled and also the gallery refused to work for me.

I'm planning on trying the Ice Cream Senseless ROM...and if that doesn't work I'll go back to CM7 as I had been using.

I wanted to try Skyraider 4.2... but was unable to find the .zip file anywhere.