Droid Incredible Brick [Evil Brick]

axtn95

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, i already posted on XDA, no help so i hope you guys can help me!

So my Droid Inc got bricked. A evil brick though. Funny thing is it got bricked before i ever rooted or messed with it in anyway. It just bootloops forever. Ive tried
1. RUU
2. PB...IMG....Many of them
They flash successfully, but same bootloop.

So i took it a step further
1. HTC Dev Unlocked (idk if their unlocking can be considered as legit, but anyway...) from fastboot (only way to unlock bootloader from fastboot i guess, or else i would of tried unrevoked...)
2. Then flashed clockwork from fastboot.
3. Wiped absolutely everything multiple times from recovery
4. Flashed CM7 in recovery....same bootloop

another step further
1. Put recovery.img in adb folder and and tried to "fastboot boot recovery.img" and flash CM7 like that (because If im not wrong htc dev unlock restricts kernel flashing but this circumvents it, or does it...)
2. After yet another bootloop, tried fixing permissions, reflashing CM7 again, then fixing permissions again

Nothing . Sometimes ittl bootloop the CM7 boot animation, sometimes ittl get stuck at HTC Incredible screen forever. Tried another stock rom also...

Any ideas lolll?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yozza!

OK - Which version of Clockwork did you flash?
You can get the latest here: Recoveries | PvilleComp's

Try re-flashing the latest version of Clockwork - Be sure to check the MD5.
Then Wipe Dara/Factory Reset, Cache and under advanced Dalvik Cache 3 times each.
Then download and flash the "Older Gingerbread" PB31IMG file from here:Stock Images | PvilleComp's Be sure to check the MD5 because there is a radio in there and you don't want to mess that up.

This should take you back to Stock GB.

Let us know how it goes.

axtn95

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yozza!

OK - Which version of Clockwork did you flash?
You can get the latest here: Recoveries | PvilleComp's

Try re-flashing the latest version of Clockwork - Be sure to check the MD5.
Then Wipe Dara/Factory Reset, Cache and under advanced Dalvik Cache 3 times each.
Then download and flash the "Older Gingerbread" PB31IMG file from here:Stock Images | PvilleComp's Be sure to check the MD5 because there is a radio in there and you don't want to mess that up.

This should take you back to Stock GB.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey Pville. Thanks for the help, but unfortunately it didn't even come close to working :D. Why do i say it like that? Because when i try to flash clockwork as a PB31IMG, HBOOT says "Main Version is older. Update fail!". So i just fastboot flashed it.... Then i tried The older Gingerbread PB31IMG and Hboot reads it then it just dissapears, no prompt for vol up or down. Ive tried two diff sd cards, formatted them to fat32.... idk. I doubt this phone will work again. Permanant Brick! :D

How much do you think i could sell this for? loll

EDIT: oh yah, and i did wipe 3x everything in clockwork... BTW How would i go about getting RUUs (On computer, the application) to work again? Now i get a error 155 everyime i try. I dont know, i found a RUU that puts a rom newer than the one in the phone, so i would think it might help...

Last edited:

axtn95

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The latest and greatest official .exe RUU is here: Stock Images | PvilleComp's

If you still get the 155 error - try re-locking the boot loader and then run the .exe again

Here's a link to the S-ON/OFF tool: public:forever [RootWiki]

Good luck.

it's a mess! Remember, i am s-on cause i did the stupid htc bootloader unlock. Now i tried getting real s-on by flashing in bootloader but it says unsupported radio version in clockwork...

Anyway, i think theres not much we could do but thanks so much for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38