ROM for Launcher (and multiple widgets)

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey, i love Launchers. Go, Adw, Espier, Sweeter home (and let's not forget Launcher Pro ;) ). i run them all, and create intricate themes, using different widgets, lots of widgets. Desktop Visualizer, Minimalistic Text, etc. Multi-live wallpaper. I try and duplicate/emulate anything I see on the

I just rooted and want more than the Gingersense Rom on my phone, something that picks up the speed of the phone. Was going to do Cyanogenmod 7.1, but I have heard that there are many force closes. Can you verify that? I don't want more of a headache. How stable is release candidate 7.2? I can't seem to find info on that for the Incredible.

Can you recommend something else?

i might just try ICS AOKP by Team Kang, it looks great.

Thanks.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It does, though. Seems... I dunno, I feel like I am too new to rooting to flash the nightly. Question, this may sound stupid....but,

Do I have to flash it nightly? Or it's just renewed nightly, so I can have the latest version?

Btw, I went on your site, pville, and grabbed the HTC restore. What version of Android is it when you bring it back?

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
RC's and official release's are only Nightlies with Attitude. Many of the RC's are buggy, and the nightly after it fixes the bugs. Go with the latest nightly. You won't be sorry.

Depends on which restore you grabbed! ;) I have Stock images for Gingerbread and Foryo there. Both work, and they will take you to whichever you load.

If you are looking for it as a safety - use the Foyo. Then you can re-root with Unrevoked.

Reactions: Funkpod

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks! if there are problems, i can just flash back to what rom i'm on now, right? i have it backed up via clockworkmod.

i use a lot of widgets and every once in a while all of my widgets fail (problem loading widget). is that more stable in other roms, or is it an incredible problem?

as far as restoring back to froyo, isn't it also easier to get s-off from froyo, too?

thanks, you're a great help!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is the only way to get S-OFF.

Only widget I've seen really lag on updating on my Dinc is the AC Widget. ;) But removing it and re-placing it always works.

Remember - if an app has a widget you use, do not move that app to the SD card. It will cause problems.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The latest CM 7.2 nightly is incredibly stable. I run them all the time, and in fact have gone back to it from the ICS ROM I was running because not everything I need is running on ICS yet. You won't be sorry for trying it out.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I think this will be my next ROM. Well, first official. I am using the Gingertiny ROM with the Ext4all mod that gives me no more low storage warning. Itneeds a gingerbread based ROM to work, so cm7 will work.

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38