Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod

Question Facebook Contact Picture Syncing Problem

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I rooted my Droid Incredible last night (I know I am a little behind the times) and am running the latest CyanogenMod ROM. The only major thing I have noticed is that none of the pictures for my contacts are being synced with Facebook. I have it set so only my Google contacts are being synced. If my understanding is correct, that should propagate certain Facebook information (including profile pictures) to my contacts? I know at least a portion of the syncing is working because each contact has a Facebook status and link to their Facebook page, just no picture.

I would appreciate any suggestions (well, except Friendcaster - I would rather not have to install and leave another app on my phone for this).

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

I could be wrong but I recall reading that this is a problem on Facebook's end, and that they won't update their code or something, thus making what you want not possible.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CyanogenMod

Default Re: Facebook Contact Picture Syncing Problem

Awesome. Guess I will just turn off the contact pictures option. Thanks for the heads up.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Actually it's because you're using CM7 - HTC had a face book integration for the contacts that was separate from the Google contacts. I'm not sure - I don't use Facebook myself - but I think if you download the Facebook app then you can sync contacts again.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CyanogenMod

Thanks, I figured that's what it was. HTC's integration was really nice and that is one of the things I am missing, but not so much that I want to go back.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook several times and can only get it to sync about 5% of the pictures. Its not a big deal though, just something I was hoping there was an easy fix for.

Also, I have been wondering what the Pville is referring to in your username?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by mcguirej View Post

Also, I have been wondering what the Pville is referring to in your username?
    Purcellville, VA
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CyanogenMod

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Purcellville, VA
    Okay. I am from a small town we refer to as Pville as well (Prineville, OR).
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

For the past year or so I've been using a sweet little app called SyncMyPix:
    Play Store Link

Just install, sign into FB from the app, grant permissions, and schedule for often you want the app to sync your FB friends profile pics to your contacts.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    CyanogenMod

Quote Originally Posted by Android_Lee View Post
    For the past year or so I've been using a sweet little app called SyncMyPix:
    Play Store Link

Just install, sign into FB from the app, grant permissions, and schedule for often you want the app to sync your FB friends profile pics to your contacts.
    Thanks, I will check it out.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Also check out Friend Caster from One Louder Apps in the Play Store.
    FriendCaster for Facebook, for iPad and Android