Thinking of rooting...

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I'm really new to this rooting thing as I picked up the Incredible after coming from a few years of loyal blackberry usage. I am thinking about rooting my phone. I am actually in the process of getting a new phone sent to me because of some issues with my optical pad... long story short, once i get my new phone I will sending this one back. My question:

Does rooting your phone void to warranty? (I want to try rooting my old incredible before i send it back when i get my replacement)

Can you un-root?

Thanks for clearing some questions up....

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would not root your old phone and send it back that way. You will need to unroot it before sending back because there is a chance Version could charge you for the new device. Rooting will void the warranty and since I haven't had a chance to root yet not sure what the process of unrooting is.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a valuable question to answer, since we all have devices still under warranty.

Yeah, damn. I don't think I will root my original device that I will be sending back after reading that. Thanks for the heads up.

Now the decision comes to: Will I root once I receive my new device?

I think all the stuff that comes from rooting is definitely awesome... I just love having the warranty on my device since it still is a top end device. Damn. Decisions, decisions.

drjrdemelo

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Rooting WILL void your warranty (period).

Since we don't have "full root" it may be reversible at this point but if you're uneasy about doing it now just wait a few days and better things will be available... :)

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, damn. I don't think I will root my original device that I will be sending back after reading that. Thanks for the heads up.

Now the decision comes to: Will I root once I receive my new device?

I think all the stuff that comes from rooting is definitely awesome... I just love having the warranty on my device since it still is a top end device. Damn. Decisions, decisions.

Don't let these people scare you. Yes rooting does void your warranty BUT you can VERY EASILY unroot your phone and your warranty will come back. Also to tell you the truth I have returned NUMEROUS phones that were rooted with no problem what so ever. Verizon reps are clueless when it comes to rooting. I know more about the phones then they do ( it's pretty pathetic ). If you have any questions about rooting or unrooting let me know I will be more then happy to help you

a1point8turbo

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't let these people scare you. Yes rooting does void your warranty BUT you can VERY EASILY unroot your phone and your warranty will come back. Also to tell you the truth I have returned NUMEROUS phones that were rooted with no problem what so ever. Verizon reps are clueless when it comes to rooting. I know more about the phones then they do ( it's pretty pathetic ). If you have any questions about rooting or unrooting let me know I will be more then happy to help you

Whoa, whoa, whoa...yes I will give you that a majority of VZW reps don't know about rooting but that is because they are not required to know or have any substantial reason to learn. It's just not apart of vzws core business. Also before you climb up another pedestal, I know at least 10 front facing reps alone across the VZW retail footprint that could put you to shame. Again your right that they don't know your returning a rooted phone but they are not required to know and they don't care to know....I hardly call that pathetic.

You don't have to point your nose to high, a slight tilt up will do. I am sure you do a lot here, and I am just a troll, but I think your comment was a little out of line.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech