Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Terrible battery life on CM7

So I finally got sick of the messages on my Incredible that space was running low, so after much aggravation and learning I got my Incredible flashed with Cyanogenmon-7.10-Inc.
    I think its working well when the display is off, but when the display is on it is just chowing down on my batter.y. maybe a % per minute. It was never like this on the stock ROM.

Even before I started to re-install my apps and get my phone back to where I like it, I thought the battery was dropping awfully fast.

I have the screen brightness down pretty far, and hasn't seemed to help much.

Is this something a new Kernel might help? I've been looking for the incredikernels I've been reading about, but the website appears to be gone or down. ** update incredikernel site is back up.. I suppose I will try a different Kernel.

Thanks.. I may try another ROM and see if I can get a respectable battery life.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

Default Re: Terrible battery life on CM7

I've been running the stock kernel in CM7 on and off for about a year and have not noticed this.

Did you clear Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache when you loaded the ROM?

Also, are you turning your GPS and Wi-Fi on and off as you need them? GPS and Wi-Fi searching for signal can be a big drain.

Carrier
    CM7 Nightly20120226

I changed to incredikernel (sp) and I have enjoyed much better battery life
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am recalibrating my battery now to see if that helps after updating to Incredikernel. I am hoping that the new kernel and bat calibration helps. Good to know that other Incredibles are working ok.

Carrier
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by spacelordmf View Post
    I am recalibrating my battery now to see if that helps after updating to Incredikernel. I am hoping that the new kernel and bat calibration helps. Good to know that other Incredibles are working ok.
    CM7 always gave me the best battery life my Inc ever had! 4 hours screen on time on average with my GPS set to always on, screen brightness to full and Exchange set to push mail. Give yours a few days to settle out and for the battery to figure out which way is up and I'm sure you'll see some great results.

Yeah, just give it some time to settle in. I get great battery life on CM7.2 RC1 running the stock kernel.