Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Default According to Team Unrevoked twitter, they have unlocked NAND and to release soon!

According to their twitter they have unlocked the NAND and currently streamlining the process for us.

Unrevoked (unrevoked) on Twitter

"No ETA yet, just "close". We're working on smoothing out the process right now."

"Our NAND unlock will flash a custom recovery that gives you full control over the device. You'll need to root once via adb."

"We'll be releasing it for Linux/OSX/Windows at the same time."

"The unrevoked USB bootloader NAND unlock for Incredible/EVO is getting close. We've been testing it with a small group and it works well!"
    Hopefully close means tonight. I wanna root my phone again. Just went back to stock last night.

That's good news. Looking forward to donating when these guys get done. I appreciate their work!

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Jedi Invasion

i was up til 5am getting my laptop cleaned out. I am off work tomorrow,so here's to hoping they can deliver tonight

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Redemption ROM

Awesome! Just in time for my Incredible to be delivered!

Carrier

Will be released over the weekend most likely. I have been hanging out in the irc a lot the past couple months since rooting the incredible has begun. They are smoothing everything out and packaging it all up for us nice nice. unrEVOked is the best hacking team out hands down. without them i dont think the Dinc would have ever gotten root access or NAND unlocked
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,533 Global Posts
    Carrier
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

This is great news I have been really missing having root access. Big donation coming their way
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by borgey401 View Post
    Will be released over the weekend most likely. I have been hanging out in the irc a lot the past couple months since rooting the incredible has begun. They are smoothing everything out and packaging it all up for us nice nice. unrEVOked is the best hacking team out hands down. without them i dont think the Dinc would have ever gotten root access or NAND unlocked
    But, but, but what about Jake Day's method...

LMAO..

Not serious here ahaha

Crackin and Hackin its the only way to live with a REAL SMARTphone. I spend a lot on Apple, but won't buy an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by oOoBoNgOoO View Post
    But, but, but what about Jake Day's method...

LMAO..

Not serious here ahaha
    we don't speak of that fiasco. it makes the internets cry.

i'm really looking forward to this. once it comes out, a donation is surely going their way.

Now if only I could get my inc to root...

Still can't get adb into recovery.

Serious props to these guys, though. If and when I ever get this thing rooted, I'll be going straight to the donation box.

awesome! subscribed.

Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by coolsoundingme View Post

Serious props to these guys, though. If and when I ever get this thing rooted, I'll be going straight to the donation box.
    look at my thread called " easy way to get adb in recovery " you just HAVE to have the SD card mentioned in the post or it will not work. the whole trick of getting it is to make adb start up late. Basically the phone allows it quicky then kills it quicky when booting up. so if you get can delay it and trick the phone to start it up AFTER it thinks it killed it then you get adb in recovery if you get a dmesg from your phone you can calculate how to do it. if interested let me know and i will help you out

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Jedi Invasion

any more news on this?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,533 Global Posts
    Carrier
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Nothing yet that I know.

My new sdcard won't be here until Thursday so I'm ok with a wait.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CyanogenMod 7

Quote Originally Posted by coolsoundingme View Post

Go buy a 2 gb PNY microsd card from bestbuy for 9$. I spent 3 days, countless hours trying to root mine, throw that card in and I got root in 5 minutes -.-
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,533 Global Posts
    Carrier
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I bought a 2 gb PNY class 2 and for the life of me can't get adb into recovery.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

subscribed to hear when easy root process hits!

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

whats the difference between the new version of unrevoked and the old one?