NAND Unlock Coming Really Soon

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The guys from UnreEVOked ( the team who rooted both Incredible and EVO 4G ) have done it again. They have a method to unlock the NAND and it will be coming out soon from what I am told. I would say no more then a couple days so most likely over the weekend. I will post the link here with directions and files for the process as soon as it gets released. LET THE ROM COOKING BEGINS LADIES N GENTS! The NAND unlock will also flash a custom recovery ( pretty sure clockwork ). Will update ASAP

Last edited:

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
So, will this work for those who haven't been able to get adb shell access?

no, you will have to root once via adb in recovery. the key is getting a kingston 4gb class 4 sd card or a a-data 16 gb class 6 card. 100% of the people who have gone out an purchased those cards have been able to achieve root access. i know for a fact unrEVOked is working on an easier method for root but i do not know if it will be packaged up with the NAND unlock. i was in the IRC and one of the devs said the NAND unlock will be released within 36 hours if everything goes correctly.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I need to go buy another sdcard :( since that's why I assuming that I have had problems, but it will be worth it if I can have root :)

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
no, you will have to root once via adb in recovery. the key is getting a kingston 4gb class 4 sd card or a a-data 16 gb class 6 card. 100% of the people who have gone out an purchased those cards have been able to achieve root access. i know for a fact unrEVOked is working on an easier method for root but i do not know if it will be packaged up with the NAND unlock. i was in the IRC and one of the devs said the NAND unlock will be released within 36 hours if everything goes correctly.

Is there any way of telling, from the packaging, what class a card is? I am going to Best Buy after work to look for one and want to know what I am looking for.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll buy this class ten 16 gig card I've seen on amazon. I would be totally numbed if I get it and it doesn't work though.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way of telling, from the packaging, what class a card is? I am going to Best Buy after work to look for one and want to know what I am looking for.

T ishis probably too late but they typically have a number on the card when I went to best buy all they had were 2 and 4.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
guys, if you are going to go out n buy any card either get Kingston 4gb class 4 card or A-Data 16 gb class 6 card. both of those cards are 100% so far and any of the other cards you are taking a risk. T Mobile sells the kingston and if you're strapped for $ you can always return it once you root your phone because after that you wont need it at all. i don't care what anyone else says those 2 cards are the best out for this process. If you got it with a Sandisk card you are lucky point blank period.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Also you can tell what class the card is by looking on the actualy card it's self. it's usually got a circle around the number of what class it is. If there is no number with a circle on it then it's a class 2 ( they don't mark class 2 cards sometimes ) AND DON'T GET IT!

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
guys, if you are going to go out n buy any card either get Kingston 4gb class 4 card or A-Data 16 gb class 6 card. both of those cards are 100% so far and any of the other cards you are taking a risk. T Mobile sells the kingston and if you're strapped for $ you can always return it once you root your phone because after that you wont need it at all. i don't care what anyone else says those 2 cards are the best out for this process. If you got it with a Sandisk card you are lucky point blank period.

Took me two tries with my SanDisk card...