1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Incredible - Previously on Verizon

Once my contract was satisfied, I switched to a pre-paid plan with Page Plus Cellular.
    I just started getting notifications on my Incredible stating that a new update is going to be installed (ICS), but I'm guessing that since I'm no longer a Verizon customer, the update does not complete.
    My question is: Is there a way to manually update my phone to get this update?
    Last edited by Derrick George; 07-04-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: word omitted

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: HTC Incredible - Previously on Verizon

You probably had to flash you phone to get it to Page Plus, is that correct? If so, do not accept the OTA. It will undo the hack that made it work on Page Plus.

Unfortunately, it's not an ICS update, just a Gingerbread bug fix.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Hello, as being noob to android hucking, please advice if I could use the device as PDA far from Verizon (moved to Europe with anothe com protocol). Thanks.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Just do a reset and sign in with Wi-Fi with your Google account and you should be fine as a PDA. But obviously it won't work on European cellular networks.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.