mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How about taking a trip[ to mid Michigan you can call it a vacation? Just joking I have a new sdcard ordered and hope that does the trick. Thanks for the offer thou :)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Which card did you order? After what felt like years trying to root my phone I finally broke down and bought the magical 2gb pny card. Lo and behold after 10 or so tries it worked!!

My method was the waiting for the line (and sound) on the white incredible screen and clicking in the card at that point. Also the drivers from the unrevoked recovery package help (get rid of Htc sync too, that doesn't seem to help at all)

Also, give it up to 30 seconds of tries at the /!\ screen, it took a while for it to get me the error...

For the part with the payload push wait for the yellow text to say verifying before you hit enter to send the files, if you miss it, you have to push the ota.zip file again before you try to send the payload.

Hope this helps you all, after me almost throwing my phone against the wall, I am now confident that anyone can root their phone, it's just in the timing.

Good luck!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I may break down and visit wal-mart tonight and get that fricken' pny card. Does it matter if it's the black or white box? I think they have the card here local for about $11-12, so it would be worth it to root this thing. Especially considering there are customs roms starting to surface along with kernals etc.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I tried and tried and tried to no victory......

But I went to Wal-Mart this morning and bought the 2GB PNY $10 card.

I flashed the factory fresh RUU which means before the update we had. I setup nothing. Formatted the SD card FAT32 512k blocks.

Installed the drivers that cames with UnRevoked2. (Google hacked drivers)
Booted phone completely up with the card in it.
Turned on USB debug mode and airplane mode.
1.adb shell in cmd to make sure my device was listed, meaning the drivers are working.
2.unplugged USB cable.
3.'adb reboot recovery' in cmd.
4.Volume down + power button.
5.When hboot loads waited 10-20 seconds for the img failed.
6.Start your 'adb shell' loop.
7.Volume down to select recovery in hboot menu. (Continue holding volume down)
8.Press power button to select recovery while holding down and the power button. When pressed count 7-8 seconds and insert the usb cable.
9.Give it till you hear the windows usb disconnect and reconnect sound and let go of the volume down and power button.

If you have the no such directory error you are ready for the rest of the steps of pushing files etc. If you don't fully restart the phone and start again. After purchasing the card and doing these steps I hit it on the second restart. Didn't retry it for fear of it not doing it again since I've already spent countless hours and days working with a mix and match of steps and sd cards.

Good luck! It's all about the timing in pushing in the USB cable and on what memory card you are using. Got UnRevoked installed now and removed CityID,Verizon VVM, and all the other apps I didn't need. Phone is running really nice now. Got all my apps reinstalled and the phone just feels faster.....maybe just placebo but whatever!

Good luck keep trying!

Some helpful links:
Downgrading to before the update - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695825
Apps safe to remove - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710009
More app information - http://bluraynetworks.com/android/

Once you get rooted don't forget to chmod so root is persistant and once you get UnRevoked installed get into recovery and make a full nandroid backup so if you mosh anything up!

Last edited: