Hello, got moved to Europe and would like to use my Incredible as field computing device. Please advice if possible without registering on any carrier as far as there is no one compatible.
Thank for advice in advance.
Regards, hucking noob Fromi.
Of course you can. If you no longer have a Verizon account, just turn it on and go. If you still have a Verizon account, you may want to turn on airplane mode to not incur data roaming fees in the off chance it finds a compatible network.
i would still put it in airplane mode to conserve battery life. The battery on these phones are amazing when they aren't searching for signal.
phone was asking for activation, the real solution for the problem is here:
NOTE: you need to be using a ROM that has EPST.apk (Sense or stock based) in it for this procedure to work.
1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".
What I did with mine was to have it try to call the activation number then end the call a few times and it finally gave me the skip option. I tried the above method first but it wouldn't let me do the ten zeros.