Incredible as PDA (far from verizon)
Hello, got moved to Europe and would like to use my Incredible as field computing device. Please advice if possible without registering on any carrier as far as there is no one compatible.
Thank for advice in advance.
Regards, hucking noob Fromi.
- 07-15-2012, 07:05 AM #2
- 62 Posts
Of course you can. If you no longer have a Verizon account, just turn it on and go. If you still have a Verizon account, you may want to turn on airplane mode to not incur data roaming fees in the off chance it finds a compatible network.
i would still put it in airplane mode to conserve battery life. The battery on these phones are amazing when they aren't searching for signal.
Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx
- 07-15-2012, 09:11 PM #4
Re: Incredible as PDA (far from verizon)
phone was asking for activation, the real solution for the problem is here:
NOTE: you need to be using a ROM that has EPST.apk (Sense or stock based) in it for this procedure to work.
1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".
Worked for me with no issues.
Thanks to all.
- 07-18-2012, 11:40 PM #6