1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc

WARNING!!!!!
    BACKUP PRIOR TO INSTALLING THIS ROM, Current CyanogenMod Rom corrupts your internal 8GB so if you have pictures make sure you create a backup and just in case copy the contents of your internal to your sdcard. location for 8gb internal is /emmc/

Donate to Koush by purchasing his Rom Manager Premium APP

For those who dont have rom manager
    Download:

1. Unzip File
    2. Place CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc folder in \sdcard\clockworkmod\backup\
    3. Boot to Custom Recovery and do a wipe first
    4. choose nandroid - restore and select CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc
    5. Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc-cyanogenmod_test1_01.jpg   CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc-cyanogenmod_test1_02.jpg   CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc-cyanogenmod_test1_03.jpg  
    Last edited by mejdam; 06-26-2010 at 02:20 PM.

I'm doing a backup first and then I'll give this a shot. I'll report back from the other side.

Alright, so I'm up and running and to start with, the Incredible is my first android phone (prior BlackBerry user) and this is the first I've attempted to flash a rom. The process was actually quite easy. I wiped by doing the factory reset and wiping the cache in that order.

Everything is up and running but I notice one glaring cosmetic issue. When highlighting a button, like in the app market, the color overlay of the button doesn't stay solid, it kind of flashes like it's trying to redraw it on the screen or like it's refreshing the screen at the wrong frequency. That's not a very good description but I can't think of how to better describe it. Otherwise, it's running well at the moment.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by draiko913 View Post
    Alright, so I'm up and running and to start with, the Incredible is my first android phone (prior BlackBerry user) and this is the first I've attempted to flash a rom. The process was actually quite easy. I wiped by doing the factory reset and wiping the cache in that order.

Everything is up and running but I notice one glaring cosmetic issue. When highlighting a button, like in the app market, the color overlay of the button doesn't stay solid, it kind of flashes like it's trying to redraw it on the screen or like it's refreshing the screen at the wrong frequency. That's not a very good description but I can't think of how to better describe it. Otherwise, it's running well at the moment.
    did you use Rom Manager?

No, I did it by putting the cyanogenmod folder into the clockworkmod\backup\ folder as you had instructed.

DLing now. I'll report back with findings!

not working...

Default Re: CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc

Im am having the same problem with it not working. Downloaded with rom manager, when it reboots it goes to a screen with a ? Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Androidjackson View Post
    Im am having the same problem with it not working. Downloaded with rom manager, when it reboots it goes to a screen with a ? Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    use my non rom manager method

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I'm so close to trying a ROM. Not sure which one, is this supposed to be the 'best' one from general thought? I bought his ROM manager to help pay him back for the awesome, from what I can tell, work. Hopefully this will push forward into a fully fledged 2.2 upgrade for us Incredible owners. I know I want it!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

ROM

guys, there will be bugs in this ROM. it is a test ROM the only reason Koush put it out was to get results from people. give it a couple days and i am sure he will come out with a more stable version.
    Device : Galaxy Nexus
    Build : 4.0.3 IML74K
    Kernel: 3.0.8-g490ff3

well this is clearly a beta build. lots of bugs and several apps that I use very often wouldn't install. I went back to my backup...

I've tried installing this via Clockwork Rom Manager (after using unrEVOked2) and it just sits on the custom cyanogenmod loading screen, where it has the small sprites swarming in to form a X. I didn't do a wipe, however, so that may be the issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem?