Is there a quick root for the Incredible?

tigerchant

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the videos and read the forums on how to root the Moto Droid. Is there an easy way (I'm a newbie to hacking/unlocking) to Root the Droid Incredible?

Jett2314

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Not at this time. In order to use the current root method you had to have been born on a Thursday between 5:13pm and 7:75pm and your father's middle name must be Joe. Really the current method involves a lot of variables and is only by chances that some people of gotten it to work. Some have had 100% success while others haven't had any. I'm sure a easier method will come out sooner or later. I'm hoping sooner because I have not been able to get root yet.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the videos and read the forums on how to root the Moto Droid. Is there an easy way (I'm a newbie to hacking/unlocking) to Root the Droid Incredible?

hey, if you need help with rooting just let me know. i will be more then happy to help you if you want it. just let me know, once you get adb in recovery the rest is very easy. just go to t mobile and buy yourself a kingston 4gb class 4 sd card n you will get it

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't hold you breathe too long. They are working on expanding the race condition so some of the guess work will be took out of it, and the other day on Twitter they mentioned they had something in the works for the Inc. So you may get it, but I wouldn't count on it.

anon(39569)

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It took me several days of trying before I finally got it to take. I had to quit several times when I felt myself getting frustrated, but after sticking with it, I finally got it. Definitely the most difficult root process that I have encountered thus far. Hopefully, they have some success expanding the race condition soon.

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys seen the ten minute root video? It took me about twenty minutes but I never did anything to my sd card. Just left my 8 gig I always used in and it worked. I had never rooted before and was a tad nervous but it was all spelled out in the video with the needed files and everything.

Just my newbie two cents...

Bobby9

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I rooted with the 2GB card that came with the phone.

It's really not that difficult. I did have to do the eject and unplug method though.

gabetron

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I rooted with the 2GB card that came with the phone.

It's really not that difficult. I did have to do the eject and unplug method though.

Me too, took me a few tries but I finally inserted the card at the right time and got that sweet error message.

Now I'm just hesitant on which rom I want to try out first.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I depends on what you want. If you want stable and Sense UI I would suggest the Jager ROM. If you want a clean 2.1 UI but with most of the Sense ripped out of it I would suggest the pmf v1.1 YASR ROM. That's the one I'm using now and I love it. If you don't care about having a working camera, and want to try out 2.2 Froyo I would suggest the Sky Raider ROM, it has sense. If you don't want sense and still want to try Froyo get the Cyanogen 6 nightly build. It still doesn't have a working GPS or camera.

There is a lot of choice, make sure you make a NANDROID BACKUP FIRST, then try them all!! Welcome to the wild world of ROM addicts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol