Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Gnex: Shiny, A500 TO Omni

Default Stuck in boot screen when flashing roms

Hello I decided to turn my old Dinc into a media player so I dont kill my Gnex battery at the gym.

I unlocked my phone using HTC unlock tool, Rooted the phone and downgraded to get S-off. Everything worked fine but when I try to flash a ROM (I tried Abduction and CM7) it will not go past the boot animation. I cleared cache and Dalvik as suggested each time. I let the phone site for more then 2 hours each time I tried but still nothing would not go paste the animation. I even powered the phone to full charge and let it sit at the animation screen until the battery died.

Any suggetions? Any additional info you need to give any advice? I do not know a lot about rooting so be gentle

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Stuck in boot screen when flashing roms

Did you upgrade your Clockwork recovery after using unrevoked? Unrevoked puts a really old version on there during it's process that will not play well with newer ROMs.

Here are the HBOOT flashable files. Recoveries | PvilleComp's
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM

I could not get unrevoked to work so I tried another method I found online to get root and s-off. I will charge the dinc tonight and try to update the images you provided, thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM

Hi Pville I flashed the recovery image and still no dice...I went to try again and decided this time to do a full data reset in recovery and the rom flashed no problem...Rookie mistake.

You site is great by the way. it gave me a lot of info on stuff I had a general idea about but not actual knowledge. Now I feel a little smarter HAHA Thanks!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Happy to help Danv! Happy flashing!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.