Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Gnex: Shiny, A500 TO Omni

Default Stuck in boot screen when flashing roms

Hello I decided to turn my old Dinc into a media player so I dont kill my Gnex battery at the gym.

I unlocked my phone using HTC unlock tool, Rooted the phone and downgraded to get S-off. Everything worked fine but when I try to flash a ROM (I tried Abduction and CM7) it will not go past the boot animation. I cleared cache and Dalvik as suggested each time. I let the phone site for more then 2 hours each time I tried but still nothing would not go paste the animation. I even powered the phone to full charge and let it sit at the animation screen until the battery died.

Any suggetions? Any additional info you need to give any advice? I do not know a lot about rooting so be gentle

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

Default Re: Stuck in boot screen when flashing roms

Did you upgrade your Clockwork recovery after using unrevoked? Unrevoked puts a really old version on there during it's process that will not play well with newer ROMs.

Here are the HBOOT flashable files. Recoveries | PvilleComp's
    Danv1369 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier

I could not get unrevoked to work so I tried another method I found online to get root and s-off. I will charge the dinc tonight and try to update the images you provided, thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Carrier

Hi Pville I flashed the recovery image and still no dice...I went to try again and decided this time to do a full data reset in recovery and the rom flashed no problem...Rookie mistake.

You site is great by the way. it gave me a lot of info on stuff I had a general idea about but not actual knowledge. Now I feel a little smarter HAHA Thanks!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

Happy to help Danv! Happy flashing!