1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Default Hydra Kernels

Does anyone here have any feedback on the hydra kernels? I have been trying out the stock undervolted kernel today and see no difference in performance, however I put it in at lunch today so I can't comment really on the battery yet. Has anyone else used this or the overclocked kernels? And what's you opinion on them?

For anyone interested in giving them a try:

FIRST RUN A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU HAVE A STOCK KERNEL TO REVERT TO!!

Download and place it in the root of your SD card.

How to install them:
    Code:
    1. Reboot phone into recovery.
    2. Install update from .zip on memory card.
    3. Select the .zip let it do its thing.
    4. Restart the phone.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

The undervolt kernel is stock.You will see better battery life and wireless N if you flashed that one.

The OC kernels are faster.

my linpack on stock averaged 6.7 ish
    my linpack score on OC averaged 8

I could notice a difference.I am back to the under volted one right now because it was on my SD card, but I will go back to the OC'd one after i try the 1.13 kernel. I highly recommend trying them.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |

I haven't noticed much if any improvement in battery life. I did this and deleted the battery config the same day. I dont use the wireless except for wifi tether and that pretty rare. I have noticed the phone will random reboot every couple days... I'm watching TV or something and hear "drroooooid". Its certainly not often, I just wish my phone was more stable with the undervolt kernel.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by PIYIRIO View Post
    I haven't noticed much if any improvement in battery life. I did this and deleted the battery config the same day. I dont use the wireless except for wifi tether and that pretty rare. I have noticed the phone will random reboot every couple days... I'm watching TV or something and hear "drroooooid". Its certainly not often, I just wish my phone was more stable with the undervolt kernel.
    Hmm,well that sucks. I haven't had any random reboots or anything...great battery

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by PIYIRIO View Post
    It could also be an App causing the reboot, though I doubt it. Undervolting 'shouldn't' cause random reboots, but it is a micro processor and every one of them has it's own comfort zone.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Default Re: Hydra Kernels

What rom are you using

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boomh4u3r View Post
    Hmm,well that sucks. I haven't had any random reboots or anything...great battery

How do you get battery life like that? Do you have background updates? I feel like that's why mine can't get that great of battery life.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I'm sitting at 10 hr 25 min with 59% battery left. But I didn't use my phone much today except email etc. I normally get 13-14 hours with normal usage. But I have a 1750 battery.
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    I'm sitting at 10 hr 25 min with 59% battery left. But I didn't use my phone much today except email etc. I normally get 13-14 hours with normal usage. But I have a 1750 battery.

so was this an improvement for you?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Yeah I guess you could say 'improvement' but I did no streaming video or games really yesterday. If I would have done that I would have been sitting at that same percent at 8 hours give or take. Since swapping to the hydra undervolted stock kernel and the 1750 battery I can stretch out to about 16 hours pretty easily. In that respect yes I saw a nice improvement previously I was only getting about 12-14 hours.
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby9 View Post
    How do you get battery life like that? Do you have background updates? I feel like that's why mine can't get that great of battery life.
    I don't run alot of background data. I also turn off 3G at times. i use the power control widget for my brightness and what not. i also use wifi whenever i can.

I can post my settings if you like so you can compare,just let me know what info you want

No, that explains it. I have Twitter and my weather updating frequently as well as some other stuff.

Default link dead

The hydrakernel link isn't working, can someone post a mirror for the latest overclock rom

I've used both the OCUV and the stockUV kernels in wireless N flavor. The OCUV ended in a reboot loop. I ended up doing a nandroid back to stock.

No real difference battery life with the stock speed undervolt version.

Hi gang! The Incredible is my first Android device and I just got rooted this morning thanks to the developers at unrEVOked, so I admit to being a bit of a newbie. If I flash to a Hydra kernal, can this be undone by a Nandroid restore?

Thanks for your time.
    Mike

Never mind...I'm too impatient. B-) I went ahead and installed the overclocked/undervolt kernel, but it hung at the HTC screen. I'm currently restoring from Nandroid.

ROM
    stock not rooted

hey im running stock kernel how do i install the new kernel

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by skaterboy13 View Post
    Don't bother. These kernels are outdated and unsupported.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by skaterboy13 View Post
    What rom are you using?

To install a kernel, make sure it is compatible with your rom, then download kernel, place in your sd card where you can find it, reboot your phone into recovery mode, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, then install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>(find your file), then reboot.

This thread is really old, and nobody uses these hydra kernels any more.

ROM
    stock not rooted

Smile hey i have the stock htc sense rom

hey i have the stock htc sense rom stock kernel