Can't get contacts synced with facebook on FroYo, Cyanogen 6

dude0909

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
This might be a known problem, but I did some searching and I couldn't find anything specific to my problem.

I am running on Cyanogen mod 6. test 7 I believe. On my stock rom 2.1, there was an option for "Online Directories" for my facebook contacts. I used to be able to Create a new Message, type one of my facebook friends who is NOT in my phone/google contact list, and they would come up with their picture and I could message them from there. Now the only way I can do that is to have the Facebook Phonebook on my home screen and I have to manually go in there and click on a person, then go to Menu, SMS or MMS. I find this extremely annoying, seeing as on my old rom I didn't even have to add any contacts, because anyones number that I wanted was basically already in my phone, all I had to do was start typing 3 letters of their name into the "To" part of the new text.

Am I being dumb here, or is there actually a facebook sync problem with Cyanogen Mod or Froyo roms? I went into contacts, and selected "Add account", Clicked facebook, Logged in, and then when I was back on the "Account sync" screen, facebook isn't there, no matter how many times I try to add it. Any help?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This might be a known problem, but I did some searching and I couldn't find anything specific to my problem.

I am running on Cyanogen mod 6. test 7 I believe. On my stock rom 2.1, there was an option for "Online Directories" for my facebook contacts. I used to be able to Create a new Message, type one of my facebook friends who is NOT in my phone/google contact list, and they would come up with their picture and I could message them from there. Now the only way I can do that is to have the Facebook Phonebook on my home screen and I have to manually go in there and click on a person, then go to Menu, SMS or MMS. I find this extremely annoying, seeing as on my old rom I didn't even have to add any contacts, because anyones number that I wanted was basically already in my phone, all I had to do was start typing 3 letters of their name into the "To" part of the new text.

Am I being dumb here, or is there actually a facebook sync problem with Cyanogen Mod or Froyo roms? I went into contacts, and selected "Add account", Clicked facebook, Logged in, and then when I was back on the "Account sync" screen, facebook isn't there, no matter how many times I try to add it. Any help?

I think there's a Facebook sync problem period. It doesn't matter if you're rooted, using a custom ROM or using a stock phone.

Mine's not working either, and there are several threads in the main forum about the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae