Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    trock70's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    ROM
    Carbonite Fusion

    Default Skyraider 1.9

    Downloaded the new 1.9 Rom today through Rom Manager and did the usual backup and then flash. Good thing, once it booted up it Force closed a bunch of times before locking up. I pulled the battery twice with the same results. Thank God I had backed up prior to flashing. Has anyone successfully installed this Rom?
    If you like what you see, hit the thanks button!
  2. #2  
    FD2
    FD2 is offline
    FD2's Avatar
    Shadow Lurker

    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibleinedibledroid View Post
    Downloaded the new 1.9 Rom today through Rom Manager and did the usual backup and then flash. Good thing, once it booted up it Force closed a bunch of times before locking up. I pulled the battery twice with the same results. Thank God I had backed up prior to flashing. Has anyone successfully installed this Rom?
    Did you wipe. This is not a zip that you just load over the prior version.
    UPDATES:
    1. The 1.9b update requires a FULL WIPE
    2. I removed the old Wireless Tether so download and install the new one from here--> Wireless Tether 2.0.5 pre3
    (make sure you rename or delete the android.tether folder on your sd card)
    3. If you have problems flashing in recovery, use ROM Manager to install the ROM
    4. MMS is working again!! with 1.9
    5. Use MixZing Media Player from the Market to play MP3s from internal storage
    6. I was unable to port or get the VZW Backup Assistant to work on Froyo
    7. I was unable to get the EPST.apk to work on this ROM as well
    8. New ringtones/alerts. They are built in to 1.9b.
    9. To get touch tones to work with automated systems like voicemail, you must disable or change audible touch tones to long
    Menu>Settings>Sound>Audible touch tones
    10. Do not use this setting. It does not work atm: Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks >Mobile networks
    11. If you are having problems installing apps using the Market, make sure you clear the cache
    Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Market>Clear cache
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    trock70's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    ROM
    Carbonite Fusion

    Default Re: Skyraider 1.9

    Yes I did. I might try again. I could have missed something.

    Does wiping from ROM manager count? Cause I know I did that.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    If you like what you see, hit the thanks button!
  4. #4  
    FD2
    FD2 is offline
    FD2's Avatar
    Shadow Lurker

    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibleinedibledroid View Post
    Yes I did. I might try again. I could have missed something.

    Does wiping from ROM manager count? Cause I know I did that.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    It should be the same thing.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Skyraider 1.9

    I was blown away by SkyRaider 2.0.1 performance.



    Sent from my incredible Incredible using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skyraider 1.9-imageuploadbytapatalk.jpg  
  6. #6  

    Default

    Tried to download the ota radio leak. Did not work, unrooted downloaded file renamed it update.zip went into recovery selected update.zip but error occured tried again and same thing. Is the ota radio leak required? What I am doing wrong please help.
  7. #7  
    douger's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brain228 View Post
    Tried to download the ota radio leak. Did not work, unrooted downloaded file renamed it update.zip went into recovery selected update.zip but error occured tried again and same thing. Is the ota radio leak required? What I am doing wrong please help.
    When you renamed the file, did you call it "update.zip" or did you name it simply "update?"

    If you named it "update.zip," you've actually named it "update.zip.zip" and the program won't recognize that.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by douger View Post
    When you renamed the file, did you call it "update.zip" or did you name it simply "update?"

    If you named it "update.zip," you've actually named it "update.zip.zip" and the program won't recognize that.
    Oh ok thanks douger I will give it another try later today.
  9. #9  
    douger's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brain228 View Post
    Oh ok thanks douger I will give it another try later today.
    Ask me how I know about that...

    The instructions aren't real clear on the point.
  10. #10  

    Default

    [QUOTE=douger;271219]Ask me how I know about that...

    The instructions aren't real clear on the point.[/QU

    Just tried again and same error. Keep getting system abort
  11. #11  

    Default

    [QUOTE=brain228;271780][QUOTE=douger;271219]Ask me how I know about that...

    The instructions aren't real clear on the point.[/QU

    Question douger: is the radio ota leak required in the new 2.2 build?
  12. #12  
    douger's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=brain228;271785][QUOTE=brain228;271780]
    Quote Originally Posted by douger View Post
    Ask me how I know about that...

    The instructions aren't real clear on the point.[/QU

    Question douger: is the radio ota leak required in the new 2.2 build?
    It is if you don't want problems with future radios...
  13. #13  

    Default

    [QUOTE=douger;271824][QUOTE=brain228;271785]
    Quote Originally Posted by brain228 View Post

    It is if you don't want problems with future radios...
    Ok thanks for your help. I will keep troubleshooting until I can fix the problem

Posting Permissions

B