Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AllGood's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default updating radio

    I have download PB31IMG.zip and when i reboot it goes to the boot loader and it detects the file but does not upgrade the radio, please help.
  2. #2  

    Default

    that file doesn't update the radio, it returns the phone to a non rooted status so you can update the radio.

    instructions here
  3. #3  
    mr.saving's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

    Default

    What they said...
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    AllGood's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sere81 View Post
    that file doesn't update the radio, it returns the phone to a non rooted status so you can update the radio.

    instructions here
    Exactly step 3 under how to flash the radio is not working, it does not do anything. It flashes something i believe it says no image
    Last edited by AllGood; 07-27-2010 at 11:46 PM.
  5. #5  

    Default

    after I put the file on the root of my sd card I pluged my phone in (make sure it is set on charge and usb debugging is checked) and I ran the evo 3 reflash program. it go me to the screen where it asked if I wanted to update PB31IMG.zip to my phone.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    mr.saving's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllGood View Post
    Exactly step 3 under how to flash the radio is not working, it does not do anything
    It's on the root of the sd card? Does it give you the option of vol up/down?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    AllGood's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomh4u3r View Post
    It's on the root of the sd card? Does it give you the option of vol up/down?
    Yes its on the toor

    Only Vol up for previous item
    Vol down for next item
    Power to select
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    AllGood's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sere81 View Post
    after I put the file on the root of my sd card I pluged my phone in (make sure it is set on charge and usb debugging is checked) and I ran the evo 3 reflash program. it go me to the screen where it asked if I wanted to update PB31IMG.zip to my phone.
    This did nothing but take me to clockwork
  9. #9  
    _JKK_'s Avatar

    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

    Default

    You probably have the same thing wrong as I did. Make sure the card is formatted as Fat32, not FAT.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    mr.saving's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllGood View Post
    Yes its on the toor

    Only Vol up for previous item
    Vol down for next item
    Power to select
    Did you run the adb command?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    AllGood's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    You probably have the same thing wrong as I did. Make sure the card is formatted as Fat32, not FAT.
    Good call on the FAT, trying now

    Sweet thx its going now
    Last edited by AllGood; 07-28-2010 at 12:16 AM.
  12. #12  
    _JKK_'s Avatar

    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllGood View Post
    Good call on the FAT, trying now

    Sweet thx its going now
    No problem. Had the same problem until I stopped and checked. Sure enough, it was FAT.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllGood View Post
    This did nothing but take me to clockwork
    should have taken you to the hboot screen i think and from there you could push the update.
  14. #14  
    mr.saving's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

    Default

    Glad you got it going!
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    AllGood's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default

    woo hoo enjoying some yummy frozen yogurt now Too bad my backup doesn't want to reinstall my apps
  16. #16  
    trock70's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    ROM
    Carbonite Fusion

    Default

    after applying the PB31IMG.zip and that goes well, I try to apply update the update.zip and get "Installation aborted".

    Nevermind I found the other thread that explains this lol
    Last edited by Incredibleinedibledroid; 07-28-2010 at 04:29 AM.
    If you like what you see, hit the thanks button!
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibleinedibledroid View Post
    after applying the PB31IMG.zip and that goes well, I try to apply update the update.zip and get "Installation aborted".
    I keep getting this too

    Can you give a link...or the explanation?
  18. #18  

    Default

    after I have unrooted with PB31IMG.zip, I try to go into recovery to apply the update but when I hit recovery it goes to an image of the incredible with a red abort sign idk what i am doing wrong
  19. #19  
    _JKK_'s Avatar

    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angmoe View Post
    I keep getting this too

    Can you give a link...or the explanation?
    If you are using Windows 7 (possibly others, IDK) just name it 'update' without the quotes or the .zip. Try it again, see if that does it. I was getting the same problem, until I removed the .zip. Then it worked perfectly.

    Good luck
    Thanked by:
    Angmoe 
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    If you are using Windows 7 (possibly others, IDK) just name it 'update' without the quotes or the .zip. Try it again, see if that does it. I was getting the same problem, until I removed the .zip. Then it worked perfectly.

    Good luck
    That was it !!! Thank you
  21. #21  
    trmoney24's Avatar

    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

    Default

    I have a non-rooted phone so i followed the instructions that were listed on XDA site for non-rooted phones. After i tried the update.zip, on step 3 when it tells you to verify the baseband version, it still says 1.00.03.04.06. But weird thing is that my camera will not work anymore and my wi-fi stopped working. Though I do see the option to set 720p recording in the video camera. Does anyone know how i can go back to my old radio? Or does anyone know why I might have gotten this issue?
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murraysj09 View Post
    after I have unrooted with PB31IMG.zip, I try to go into recovery to apply the update but when I hit recovery it goes to an image of the incredible with a red abort sign idk what i am doing wrong
    This is when you hit power+volume up
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  
    trock70's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    ROM
    Carbonite Fusion

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angmoe View Post
    I keep getting this too

    Can you give a link...or the explanation?

    Read this

    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ating-ota.html
    If you like what you see, hit the thanks button!
  24. #24  

    Default

    that was my problem, thanks Angmoe
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibleinedibledroid View Post
    Got it...thanks

Posting Permissions

B