Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dude0909
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default For those getting the status 7 error while updating to the OTA

Install from sdcard
    Finding update package
    opening update package
    installing update
    assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop". robuild.fingerprint")
    == "verizon/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ere27/161494:user/release-keys" ||
    file_getprop("/system/build.prop". robuild.fingerprint")
    == "verizon_wwe/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ere27/203589:user/release-keys"
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted

I definitely found a way to fix this Status 7 error. After using PB31MG to go back to stock, make sure you reboot, then install the REGULAR update from verizon that will pop up (it will ask you if you want to install it, SAY YES!) , then reboot again, THEN remove PB31MG from your sd card, put the OTA update.zip on, THEN install that update.zip that is the OTA. I read this at XDA. you're welcome everyone.

Now you're ready to download that leaked froyo
    My HTC INCREDIBLE
    Rom: CyanogenMod 6.1
    Clockwork Mod Recovery
    S-OFF

Thanked by 3:
    kurtbro900 likes this.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible View Post
    Install from sdcard
    Finding update package
    opening update package
    installing update
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted

I definitely found a way to fix this Status 7 error. After using PB31MG to go back to stock, make sure you reboot, then install the REGULAR update from verizon that will pop up (it will ask you if you want to install it, SAY YES!) , then reboot again, THEN remove PB31MG from your sd card, put the OTA update.zip on, THEN install that update.zip that is the OTA. I read this at XDA. you're welcome everyone.

I did not find this on XDA but I was getting that error and the above did work for me as well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AllGood View Post
    I did not find this on XDA but I was getting that error and the above did work for me as well.
    it was on the... I don't even remember.. 43rd page of the froyo leak thread. I had to do a lot of searching :P
    My HTC INCREDIBLE
    Clockwork Mod Recovery
    S-OFF

Hey guys, I need some help. I've been trying to load the leaked OTA and I'm getting an error message; error in SD card/update.zip. File not found, installation aborted. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm not rooted and tried dropping the renamed file onto my card. When I go through the HBOOT and recovery steps I get the error message.
    Keep it stress-free, brah!!!

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiecefinishes View Post
    Hey guys, I need some help. I've been trying to load the leaked OTA and I'm getting an error message; error in SD card/update.zip. File not found, installation aborted. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm not rooted and tried dropping the renamed file onto my card. When I go through the HBOOT and recovery steps I get the error message.
    Depending on which step you are at: First, make sure your card is formatted in Fat32, not FAT. Just reformat in Windows if it isn't.

Then, if you are on Windows, name the OTA leak update to 'update'. Leave off the '.zip' as windows adds it for you, without you knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Depending on which step you are at: First, make sure your card is formatted in Fat32, not FAT. Just reformat in Windows if it isn't.

Then, if you are on Windows, name the OTA leak update to 'update'. Leave off the '.zip' as windows adds it for you, without you knowing.
    Thanks so much, I added .zip when I renamed. I'll try again when I get home! I wonder if I should just wait for the official? I'm probably going to root after I get the leaked OTA to apply. Should I just wait another week for official?
    Keep it stress-free, brah!!!

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiecefinishes View Post
    Thanks so much, I added .zip when I renamed. I'll try again when I get home! I wonder if I should just wait for the official? I'm probably going to root after I get the leaked OTA to apply. Should I just wait another week for official?
    I'd say go for Froyo now; it shouldn't hurt anything when the official comes out. Plus it is very stable. I love it, and haven't had any problems thus far.

I am getting installation aborted on the update....I have followed your instructions...any other suggestions

I now see I am gettin E: signature verification fail...any idea what that is
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Try downloading the OTA again. Looks like some kind of bad file.
    My HTC INCREDIBLE
    Clockwork Mod Recovery
    S-OFF

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible View Post
    Install from sdcard
    Finding update package
    opening update package
    installing update
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted

Thanks for the fix.

I'm getting the same error. The only thing I dont understand about your instructions was the step "install the REGULAR update from Verizon". Where is the regular update if its not the OTA 2.05 update? Where does it pop up and ask you? The only time I get asked to install an update is when I'm using HBOOT to install the 2.05 leak.

I'm asking because my camcorder will not work with the 2.15 radio and 2.05 is the only thing I havent tried yet. Thanks in advanced.