Updated to Froyo.... no Camera or camcorder.
Every time I try to use either it is just black. Yes I did the OTA update first, everything else seems to be fine except for the camera and I also have a notification that says "Preparing Phone Storage" "Checking for errors" and it has been there since I updated. Any suggestions?
- 07-28-2010, 06:25 PM #2
- 07-28-2010, 06:47 PM #3
- 07-28-2010, 07:56 PM #4
- 07-28-2010, 08:12 PM #5
- 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM #7
Are you rooted?
If so, yes, you're doing it wrong.
Reread the instructions. You load pb31 from an adb command.
I think you can do it from recovery, but that wasn't in the instructions and I didn't try it. I don't know these programs well enough to tell you how to do it from memory...but it has something to do with picking the update file.
- 07-28-2010, 08:29 PM #8
- 07-28-2010, 08:40 PM #10
- 07-28-2010, 08:42 PM #11
1. Download PB31IMG.zip and place it in the root of you SDCARD. Make sure the FS is FAT32, otherwise PB13IMG.zip will not flash.
1a. Link has been updated so you no longer have to apply the VZW exchange OTA.
2. Now go to the bootloader.
2a. Run 'adb reboot oem-42' if powered up or hold Power + Volume Down if your phone is off.
3. It should automatically start loading PB31IMG.zip. Then accept it when it asks you to load it or not (pretty sure Vol Up).
4. You are now completely stock. You should remove PB31IMG from your SDCARD now.
5. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.
6. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.
6a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.
6b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.
6c. Now select apply update.zip
7. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it's 2.05.00.06.11.
8. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to reroot and install ClockworkMod recovery.
9. Now you can go ahead and do a Full Wipe then install the Stock Froyo rom.
1. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.
2. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.
2a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.
2b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.
2c. Now select apply update.zip
3. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it's 2.05.00.06.11.
4. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to root and install ClockworkMod recovery.
5. Now you can go ahead and do a Full Wipe then install the Stock Froyo rom.
Yes the card is fat32.... And those are the steps I have tried how do I run the adb/install the stock rom. That's the steps that are lacking.
I followed the non rooted instructions for those following along at home. Where in I did the Ota first then try to run the pb31 jazz
Last edited by silentjosh37; 07-28-2010 at 08:59 PM.
- 07-28-2010, 09:04 PM #13
Download dinc_ota.zip from xda then rename it to "update" if your using a windows computer because it will add the zip for you. Then just plug your phone into your computer and drag the the updaye file to the root of your sdcard. Then reboot into recovery (make sure you remove the PB31IMG.zip file before doing this) then in recovery you will see the triangle then hit the power and volume up key at the same time you should then get the option to select the update.zip
- 07-28-2010, 09:22 PM #15
- 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM #17
- 07-28-2010, 09:54 PM #19
Step one- put the pb31 on your sdcard> reboot into recovery by power down the phone then hold the power button and volume up key> hit the power button to select bootloader and then let it run through. Then accept it when it asks you to load it or not.
So I have to remove the ota_update? Go back to the 1.00.yada.yada baseband version? Again I sorry to be such a newb with this but I followed the Non-rooted version to a T and dont get what I am missing.
Also I am trying to run pb31 from recovery and thats where I am getting the error.
Last edited by silentjosh37; 07-28-2010 at 10:03 PM.
- 07-28-2010, 10:02 PM #21
- 07-28-2010, 10:14 PM #23
Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to root and install ClockworkMod recovery
Then plug in your phone to your computer and on your phone make sure you have USB debugging checked by settings>applications>development.
Then run Unrevoked 3 from you computer and it will root your phone.
After to check you should have a superuser app in your drawer.
I have all that. Rooted at this point, got superuser etc etc I have installed the wireless tether app that requires root, so thats good to go. Its the next step that remains the issue, like I said I had froyo read to rock it was installed just no camera/camcorder, just black screen. I restored back to 2.1 with a nandroid backup.
- 07-28-2010, 10:23 PM #25