| || |
Droid Incredible - Cant Flash Most Recent Rom
My wife's droid incredible took a dive yesterday and somehow everything got erased from the phone and SDcard. I know the DInc is an older phone but I'm trying to squeeze the last bit of life out until the S4 comes out. The OS wont boot, so I went into hboot and tried every option to recover, reset, etc, with no luck. From trolling boards I think I need to flash the ROM back onto the phone. Keep in mind I'm a complete noob and learned everything I know about this stuff last night, also I cant get past the hboot screens. Here's what I've done so far:
1. Tried to find the most recent RUU and downloaded.
2. I followed the steps for the RUU but the exe says that it cant connect via the usb. I assume that these RUUs are meant to be run when the phone has more functionality?
3. Tried to find the most recent PB31IMG.zip file, downloaded what I could find
4. I placed the file on the sdcard (had to use my pc of course, and I did format the card in FAT32) and renamed it PB31IMG.zip
5. Reinserted the sd card and ran hboot
6. Hboot found the file, opened it and checked it. Then it says "Main version is older, update failed"
It sounds to me like I need to find the most recent version of the PB31IMG.zip file? Problem is I dont know how to find out which one is correct. I know my wife did an OTA update on her phone a few weeks ago I believe that was 4.08.605.19. I'm not familiar at all with adb so I'd rather not try to take the main version back.
I hope someone can help me with this otherwise I'll be pulling the old enV3 out of the closet, which means I'll be on the enV and my wife will get my DInc!!!!