Leaked OTA issues?

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
It's been a couple of weeks now, has anyone seen any negative side effects with the leaked update? I've seen a thread or two on XDA about people bricking their phones, but they seem to be due to negligence (pulling the battery or flashing twice). I've held off so far in case there's any issues as there were with the Eris leaks.

Is there any news from Verizon about when the real update will roll out?

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
Ok, for what's it worth, I installed the update with no issues whatsoever and am nice and rooted again. One thing I did notice that I didn't see mentioned was the fact that the phone will shut off and restart itself 4-5 times, so I was freaking out about that.

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just finished installing the 8/1 OTA full version, then went back and removed CityID. I had installed the lite version yesterday and it was fine, and then today just went back and did the full...

Working great, kind of wish someone would fix Gmail 2.2.1, but this OTA has 2.2 so it works fine...

The cool part with the EVO releasing Froyo today, is that most of the apps are now conforming to the new OS...

I was just bummed GroceryIQ didn't work, but now they have that fixed, so my little Droid life is complete. :)

sms

tfalk

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that installed the update been able to determine if it fixes the bluetooth problems? My DINC won't pair with my credit card scanner and I'm hoping to be able to use it in the next couple of weeks.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that installed the update been able to determine if it fixes the bluetooth problems? My DINC won't pair with my credit card scanner and I'm hoping to be able to use it in the next couple of weeks.

I'm using the Skyraider ROM, which has the first leaked OS on it. I've had no problems with Bluetooth.