Important Rules for the ROMs & Hacks Forum - Please Read Before Posting
Please read and understand the following rules prior to creating a new thread in the ROMs and Hacks forum.
Flashers & Noob's:
- All custom ROMs require your device to be rooted first. If you do not understand the definition of root, please read this article.
- Once you understand what it means to "root" your device, please check for a sticky in this forum for instructions on how to root. If a sticky does not exist, chances are the device is not capable of being rooted yet. Also, methods vary by device, which is why each ROM chef will either include instructions in the first few posts of their thread, or provide links where you can find more information.
- Do not ask how to flash a custom ROM, until you've read the introductory posts of the thread containing the ROM you are about to flash. Like rooting, methods vary by device, which is why each ROM chef will either include instructions in the first few posts of their thread, or provide links where you can find more information.
- Treat chef's with respect. A lot of effort goes into creating custom ROMs. By choosing to use a custom ROM, you are accepting the risk of potential bugs and instability that goes along with the use of these ROMs. It is very discouraging, as a ROM chef, to be attacked and insulted because something doesn't work. Report the problem and give them a chance to fix it. If you don't like the ROM, you have the choice to no longer use it.
- Please use the "Thanks" button to show your appreciation when a chef posts a ROM that you're using. It's an easy thing to do, and it feels good when you're thanked for your work.
- Do not create a post, asking a question, before you've searched the thread. If you are experiencing an issue, it's quite possible that someone else is too. Reading through pages and pages of a thread can feel overwhelming, which is why the search feature is so important.
Chef's, If you start a thread with the intent of posting a ROM, please use the following format:
- Include instructions on how to root/flash or link to threads that provide this information. If people still ask questions on how to root/flash, you can either use the "report post" button to flag it for removal, or you can kindly point them in the right direction.
- Please provide a description of your ROM, list of known bugs, missing/removed apps, included apps, FAQ as it pertains to your ROM, and a list of credits for all sources besides yourself.
- If you update your ROM, please edit the title of your first post, and include a change log.
- If you are preparing to post a ROM, and would like to create a placeholder thread (this is encouraged), please PM a mod and/or use the report post button to inform us that you have or are about to create a thread and would like the thread to be closed, until you are ready to upload the ROM.
- If your custom ROM removes stock apps, please upload or link to a location where users can get access to the stock app.
- Do not take credit for ROMs that you did not create. If you want to share a ROM, please provide a description of the ROM, and point members to the forum/thread where the ROM originated.