skyraider 2.2

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know where to get some of the wallpapers from this rom? I went back to stock because of too many self caused errors but would like some of the wallpapers back...anyone know how to extract them?

izzy, if you go into the zip, and pull out launcher2.apk, and use winrar to open that you'll find the wallpapers. :)

Others, I have have had very little problems with the latest Sky Raider's vanilla... I added back in things I needed, as well as the cool battery circle indicator.

The only REAL problem I seem to have is when I plug it into a wall charger it flickers on and off instead of just charging, but if I power off, and back on, it charges fine. :)

Can't say on battery life, I just put in a 2150 battery, so it has lots of battery life now. :)

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
izzy, if you go into the zip, and pull out launcher2.apk, and use winrar to open that you'll find the wallpapers. :)

Others, I have have had very little problems with the latest Sky Raider's vanilla... I added back in things I needed, as well as the cool battery circle indicator.

The only REAL problem I seem to have is when I plug it into a wall charger it flickers on and off instead of just charging, but if I power off, and back on, it charges fine. :)

Can't say on battery life, I just put in a 2150 battery, so it has lots of battery life now. :)

Thank you my good man.... you have landed yourself on the Christmas card list!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sucks some of you guys are running into issues with the 2.2 ROMS. The last ones I tried where Cyanogen and Skyraider before the leaked OTA radio update. But with all the new stuff that has shown up I can say for once, I've got a perfect ROM as of right now. Man I love my phone ;)

cjcarter

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love this Rom so far but one thing that is weird is that it is taking forever to charge and I'm not noticing a huge difference in battery life. Anybody else experiencing this? Not a huge deal cause I can charge overnight but still somewhat odd. Also the battery is getting hotter than it used too. This normal? Sorry kinda a noob when its comes to the rooting process.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love this Rom so far but one thing that is weird is that it is taking forever to charge and I'm not noticing a huge difference in battery life. Anybody else experiencing this? Not a huge deal cause I can charge overnight but still somewhat odd. Also the battery is getting hotter than it used too. This normal? Sorry kinda a noob when its comes to the rooting process.

Charge time seems about the same as it was, but I am noticing a pretty nice jump in battery life with 2.2. Yesterday I put mine on to charge after 14 hours and still had about 30% left on the battery. (1750 battery not stock)

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
@Qazme,

You gave me a link in another thread to the XDA forum containing the 8/1/10 OTA leak. I've gotten through about 15 of the 36 pages....is the link in the first post the one that you installed??

Also, i haven't seen any steps on how to install that OTA leak?? how do i do that?

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site
How did you do the radio part? I want to do sky raider as well but worried about the radio part.

(sorry mods, posted this in another thread as well by mistake, this is the correct place)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
@Qazme,

You gave me a link in another thread to the XDA forum containing the 8/1/10 OTA leak. I've gotten through about 15 of the 36 pages....is the link in the first post the one that you installed??

Also, i haven't seen any steps on how to install that OTA leak?? how do i do that?

The link to the file is in the first post there. Directions are in the post telling how to install the OTA Leak.

wplantz

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
motoroid,

It may not be clear if you are running ROM Manager, but Flash needs to be installed from the SD Card. Use Astro to browse to the SkyRaider folder. Launch the Flash file with the installer and you'll be good to go.

I can't speak to the specifics of the issue, but Hulu wasn't playing nice if it was included as an install in the ROM.

Steve in CT

Thanks so much!!! Works great now!

wplantz

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

I noticed this with the leaked 2.2 ROM from a couple weeks ago. Last night I put SkyRaider 2.2 Sense on it so we'll see how this compares with battery life/charging time.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody tried version 2.5 i see it in rom manager but when i load it it just reboots phone in a loop and i have to restore my last rom to fix

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody tried version 2.5 i see it in rom manager but when i load it it just reboots phone in a loop and i have to restore my last rom to fix

For 2.5 you don't need to do a full wipe before flashing as long as you have the appropriate 2.2 already installed. For example, 2.5 Vanilla would flash right over 2.2 Vanilla, but would not work over 2.2 Sense, and vice-versa.

I am running 2.5 Vanilla right now, and I gotta say...It's glorious. 2.2 was my favorite ROM for the Incredible thus far, but 2.5 just improves it in every way. Also, the new Overclock Hydra kernel (#1) works great. I got a 43 in Linpack and a 1413(!) in Quadrant. Everyone should try this ROM.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
so for 2.5 its treated more as an update and not a full rom? I had 2.2 with sense and tried wipe and load 2.5 vanilla and not sure if it was a full rom why this would not work

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
For 2.5 you don't need to do a full wipe before flashing as long as you have the appropriate 2.2 already installed. For example, 2.5 Vanilla would flash right over 2.2 Vanilla, but would not work over 2.2 Sense, and vice-versa.

I am running 2.5 Vanilla right now, and I gotta say...It's glorious. 2.2 was my favorite ROM for the Incredible thus far, but 2.5 just improves it in every way. Also, the new Overclock Hydra kernel (#1) works great. I got a 43 in Linpack and a 1413(!) in Quadrant. Everyone should try this ROM.

Does the ROM include the Hydra kernal?

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression from another poster that the Hydra kernels do not work on 2.2 Froyo.... if they do, which one can I use? 1400+ on quadrant is to much to pass up...

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the 2.2 Sense Skyraider ROM and everything is working fine. However, my baseband version is 1.00.03.04.06; do I need to have on baseband version 2.05.00.06.11 for any reason? Right now I have no problems, but is it recommended that I upgrade to the new baseband? If so, how do I get it? Thanks.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the 2.2 Sense Skyraider ROM and everything is working fine. However, my baseband version is 1.00.03.04.06; do I need to have on baseband version 2.05.00.06.11 for any reason? Right now I have no problems, but is it recommended that I upgrade to the new baseband? If so, how do I get it? Thanks.

So your camera works fine?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae