1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

Default Can I Revert to Original Radio

I installed the updated radio file and froyo, but found I wanted to go back to 2.1 rooted. So I loaded a nandroid of 2.1 and it's fine except for the fact that since the radio remains the updated one, i can no longer record video.
    Does anyone have an update.zip of the original radio? Or is there another way to get the old radio back?

BTW, my only complaint with froyo rom was battery using 30 percent overnight. I was using the 7/27 leak with all 5 patches, in case anyone wants to know why I went back to 2.1

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    ROM
    OMFGB

I'm no radio expert, but I highly doubt you'd be able to roll back. Why is it exactly you want to roll back? Because of the battery drain?
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Of course you can roll back.

HOWTO VIDEO

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    I installed the updated radio file and froyo, but found I wanted to go back to 2.1 rooted. So I loaded a nandroid of 2.1 and it's fine except for the fact that since the radio remains the updated one, i can no longer record video.
    Does anyone have an update.zip of the original radio? Or is there another way to get the old radio back?

BTW, my only complaint with froyo rom was battery using 30 percent overnight. I was using the 7/27 leak with all 5 patches, in case anyone wants to know why I went back to 2.1
    use my 8/1/10 leak. it's far superior to the 7/27 leak. it has FAR better battery life and NO patchs needed. Ozzeh and Aiccucs both did very very good jobs with the leak also. You can head over to XDA to grab either of them. Also what people don't realize is that if you're not too Android savy (not saying you're not). That this downgrade process is actually pretty dangerous. A lot of people don't realize it because they don't get what the commands mean that they are entering. Writing to the Misc. partition can be very dangerous. Just an FYI
    Device : Galaxy Nexus
    Build : 4.0.3 IML74K
    Kernel: 3.0.8-g490ff3

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by borgey401 View Post
    use my 8/1/10 leak. it's far superior to the 7/27 leak. it has FAR better battery life and NO patchs needed. Ozzeh and Aiccucs both did very very good jobs with the leak also. You can head over to XDA to grab either of them. Also what people don't realize is that if you're not too Android savy (not saying you're not). That this downgrade process is actually pretty dangerous. A lot of people don't realize it because they don't get what the commands mean that they are entering. Writing to the Misc. partition can be very dangerous. Just an FYI
    Yeah I'm using the 8/1/10 leak and it is really really good on battery life. I'm sitting at 11hr 51min 14s since unplug with 45% battery left on a 1750 battery. Very very very impressed. Not sure if it's the radio, froyo or a combination of both. Either way I'm happy!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by borgey401 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Yeah I'm using the 8/1/10 leak and it is really really good on battery life. I'm sitting at 11hr 51min 14s since unplug with 45% battery left on a 1750 battery. Very very very impressed. Not sure if it's the radio, froyo or a combination of both. Either way I'm happy!
    Can you guys provide a link to 8/1/2010 ota leak, as well as directions? I wanna root this bad boy!! I have 'unrevoked2'; Do i use that?
    Moto Q9c (Alltel) -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Storm2 -> HTC Droid Incredible

Lovin' me some Android!

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by mr.s4ndm4n View Post
    Can you guys provide a link to 8/1/2010 ota leak, as well as directions? I wanna root this bad boy!! I have 'unrevoked2'; Do i use that?
    Leaked 8/1 radio. Read the thread prior to installing for possible issues, fixes, steps etc.

Latest unRevoked, which is 3.1.

Happy modding!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    ROM
    OMFGB

Aww, crap! I didn't realize there was another radio release after 7/27. I'm not sure if I can take the stress of another radio update. Is there that much of a difference in battery life between the two?

Default Re: Can I Revert to Original Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Leaked 8/1 radio. Read the thread prior to installing for possible issues, fixes, steps etc.

Latest unRevoked, which is 3.1.

Happy modding!
    Is that mediafire link the radio or the Rom?

I've never updated radio or flashed roms so I'm looking for up-to-date files and directions

I'm currently trying to flash to the new radio and get this error in recovery

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

use the unrevoked forever to flash the radio very simple and quick works great! the newest radio baseband is 2.15.00.07.28

does this automatically update the radio when using forever? is it easy to go back to stock if need be??

just a few hours ago i downloaded a PB31IMG.zip of the original 1.x radio, i dont remember where i got it from though. just a few minutes of looking and you should be able to find it