New to loading ROM's need some slight help

Franzie3

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just one problem i am having when loaidng a new ROM. I have my DInc rooted and ready to go, but everytime i load a ROM none of my apps or contacts are there.

I did have the official 2.2 leak (non skyraider) that leaked out on 7/27 i believe and it was fine but it kept having force closes and crashes so i wnated a stable ROM instead. I wnet back to 2.1 form the backup i made in clockwork/nandroid

I guess the main question is, what am i doing wrong.

i download the right ROM, go into clockwork, and then do what so i do not lose app, or contacts and all that...

Please do not point me to 100 threads, a simple answer would be great, THANKS ALL!!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The best way I found to make sure my contacts stay from ROM to ROM is to have all my contacts associated with my Google Account.

Unfortunately for the applications there is no way to have them be preserved when flash a ROM. You are completely overwriting the memory storing those applications. However, if you download Titanium Backup from the market you will have a tool to make it easier. If you donate to the developer you get a key that allows you to do batch installations of applications that are not currently installed.

Steve in CT

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The best way I found to make sure my contacts stay from ROM to ROM is to have all my contacts associated with my Google Account.

Unfortunately for the applications there is no way to have them be preserved when flash a ROM. You are completely overwriting the memory storing those applications. However, if you download Titanium Backup from the market you will have a tool to make it easier. If you donate to the developer you get a key that allows you to do batch installations of applications that are not currently installed.

Steve in CT

Or you can go out to the portal and look for the Android 101 item on backing your contacts up to your SD card...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol