Something that annoys me about FroYo rom;

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
So since I installed FroYo, what annoys me is that whenever there is an app that shows an icon in the notification bar, the stupid icon stays there even when the app is killed! Examples are Weatherbug and Bloo.

This is a major pet peeve of mine, and was the reason I continued to use a task killer when i converted to Android. I can't stand clutter in the notification bar, so i would just kill the apps that remained invisible when i wasn't using them. Now since I upgraded, they stay either way! Some apps just aren't worth the clutter so I uninstall, even though I use them often enough that I would like to keep them.

Stuff like this sort of makes me miss BlackBerry. It seemed it was a requirement or something for third-party apps to have a way to exit(stop running) within the menu. This basically defeats the need for a task killer. Of course, my Storm 1 and its pathetic memory is probably the reason why I am so paranoid with apps running.

Anyone have any advice?

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Turn off the notifications within the apps

I have FroYo, and Bloo and Weatherbug Elite and don't have any icons in the notification bar

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried just letting the OS handle memory? I know the compulsion to stop services that you don't currently need...i suffered the first week I had the phone. I challenged myself to make it a weekend without killing apps...since then I haven't looked back.

Steve in CT

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Argent is right you just need to turn off the notifications in the settings of the app's that have icons showing up. When you flashed froyo your settings were changed some how.

bespinct is right to your phone may run much better without ATK I haven't used it ever on my Dinc and have never had any problems.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You have to learn to let go of your storm compulsions. I know it's hard, the first morning I woke up with my dinc I did a battery pull for no reason.

RIM really screwed us up, there needs to be like a support group for former storm owners. :p