Couple noob questions- Answers get thanked!

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Like getting thanked is some big deal right?

Anyway can someone give me the 2 sentence "what is it?" on titanium backup and second, 2.5.2 is a flash over, correct?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Like getting thanked is some big deal right?

Anyway can someone give me the 2 sentence "what is it?" on titanium backup and second, 2.5.2 is a flash over, correct?

Titanium backup is pretty much what it says...it's a backup. It makes restoring most of the settings and all of your programs a breeze.

Skyraider's 2.5.2 is a flash over of his 2.2. You've got to flash Vanilla over Vanilla or Sense over Sense, which you can do without a wipe.

Bonus question? I think...I don't know for sure...that if you use the Android Facebook app that's on the market, it will bring your pictures over.

Since I've only been a very short time without Sense, I don't know that for sure.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
i have generic 2.5...but i got it to work without boot loops...not sure if i can flash over the 2.5.2...only one way to find out i guess.

And you are thanked!

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i have generic 2.5...but i got it to work without boot loops...not sure if i can flash over the 2.5.2...only one way to find out i guess.

And you are thanked!

So long as you flash over a like version...Vanilla over Vanilla, for example, you should be good to go.

I've managed to get restoring the programs and settings on my phone down to about 20 minutes or so, so I usually do a wipe for that minty fresh feeling.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site

And you are thanked!

FWIW, I flashed 2.5.2 over 2.5 and had no issues. It seems to work best if you match the versions: sense to sense; vanilla to vanilla. Good luck!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
On the bonus question - with SkyRaider you need to select social networking as an add on. It brings just a smidge of Sense - just FriendStream I think. That's cool for me, I still like the FriendStream interface better than the Facebooks implementation. Scrolling is cool...arrows are for wimps!

Steve in CT

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
what's this need for flash over thing? I flashed 2.5.2 without any previous version on my phone.

I believe the question was whether to wipe before flashing. It's not completely necessary...but you can save yourself lots of trouble by wiping before you flash a ROM.

If you use Titanium Backup, all you need to do once you recover is to reset your home screens.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe the question was whether to wipe before flashing. It's not completely necessary...but you can save yourself lots of trouble by wiping before you flash a ROM.

If you use Titanium Backup, all you need to do once you recover is to reset your home screens.

yeah, that's exactly what i did. I only wish there was a way to install all with titanium instead of having to acknowledge each app individually.