Rooting to 2.2 questions

gatortuba

May 11, 2010
Visit site
If I root to 2.2 can I go to the official release of 2.2 when it rolls out?

If so how do I do that? And what is the best 2.2 version(with sense) that I can install?

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
Once the official 2.2 rolls out, you're more than likely talking about a matter of days until the developers release a root safe version. To answer your question, you would either need to unroot or (from my limited understanding) have unrEVOked's s-off installed.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually won't the issue of having to flash the radio rear its head here? Or do we now have a safe way to revert the radio back?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually won't the issue of having to flash the radio rear its head here? Or do we now have a safe way to revert the radio back?

With S-off you can RUU the phone back to 2.1 easily. Without it, it will either be a pain or impossible. Personally before you start any rooting and ROMing I suggest you READ READ READ. Nobody will or can answer it all in a single thread.

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
With S-off you can RUU the phone back to 2.1 easily. Without it, it will either be a pain or impossible. Personally before you start any rooting and ROMing I suggest you READ READ READ. Nobody will or can answer it all in a single thread.

Yes, not easy but not impossible. I did it to send mine back to Big Red.